Monday, December 10, 2012

Letter to Becca: One Month

Becca,

This morning, as you were sleeping on my chest, I was looking back at the letter than I wrote your sister when she was a month old, and I think if there's one thing I was struck by, it was how much of Lizzy's personality was already on display at only one month old! 

R-7
 {LOVE how the quilt my mom made for Becca turned out!}

So, that brought me to think of you, and speculate what you'll be like in a few years based on your personality now--and I think that for the most part, you'll be a quiet observer. You're a pretty calm baby for the most part. You're very alert, just like Lizzy was, but while she would kick her legs like crazy and let out these little baby shrieks, you prefer just to quietly study everything. That said, you also aren't afraid to let us know if there's something that you really don't like...for example, if I try to put a knit hat on you? You are ticked, and you let me know!

R-5
R-2
Just like Lizzy, you're constantly lifting your head up and pushing up on your arms to see what's going on. You still love to eat, and are a champion nurser. We took you to the pediatrician this past weekend for the terrible baby acne you've got going on (poor thing!), and you already weigh 10 pounds 2 ounces! Lizzy was only 12 pounds at seven months, so this is a bit of uncharted territory for me, but happily so! It's so nice to have a baby who will actually breastfeed without fighting every single session.
R-4
We all love you more than we could say, but your big sister is still especially enamored with you, and basically wants to be touching you 24 hours a day. Lizzy is a great big sister to you, always reading you books and giving you kisses. While taking some photos of you this past weekend, I snapped two that aren't technically "good" photos, but I couldn't bear to delete them because I felt like they probably perfectly captured what life is like for you at this point!

R-3
R-6
 On Sunday, you were baptized, which your sister was absolutely thrilled about--she has been asking us when you were going to be baptized for weeks. After church, we took our first photo as a family of four--I can't believe we hadn't taken one sooner! In some ways, I can hardly believe you're a month old already...and in other ways, it feels like you've been with us forever! Can't imagine life without you sweet girl!
IMG_20121209_165036

Love you forever and for always,
Mom

9 comments:

  1. OH Mere! What a sweet letter..! tears all over the..., well keyboard...(and James Taylor's Christmas tunes don't help when it comes to soothe this tears) I'm sure Rebecca will treasure this letters in the future.
    Also, this Quilt? MADRE MIA! Beautiful! Kudos to your mom for such an amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious! A month already?! Sheesh! She really holds her head up high!! Strong little thing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! I can't wait to see more details about this QUILT! Gahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little family of four is just too cute. And I love the quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This really makes me wonder how different our two are going to be. That quilt is beautiful as is your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the pics of your two girls! And the family picture is beautiful as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blurry shots... that is life right now perfectly right? Quit is gorgeous! Way to go mom. Look at your long pretty hair - what a great family shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love Lizzy being blurry and I cannot believe she is already one month! Great work, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi this is kinda of off topic
    but I was wanting to know if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to
    manually code with HTML. I'm starting a blog soon but have no coding know-how so I wanted to get advice from
    someone with experience. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Here is my page - Truck Accident attorneys

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.