Thursday, May 31, 2012

Pregnancy #2: 16 weeks

IMG_9106

and compared to 16 weeks with Lizzy:

How far along: 16 weeks.

Size of baby: Both BabyCenter and The Bump finally agree and say the kiddo is the size of an avocado, or about 4.5 inches long.

Weight Gain: -1 by the doctor's scale yesterday, -3 by mine at home. It's kind of weird to think that next week I'll probably be in the "positive" category--that's not something I've had to deal with mentally yet this time! In looking back through updates when I was pregnant with Lizzy, I didn't consistently track weight gain, and I wish I would have!

Symptoms:  I've had another migraine. They suck. Other than that, this is the period in pregnancy where I start to generally feel okay :) I don't know whether I mentioned that I stopped my allergy shots this time around, and this is the first week that my allergies feel bad.

Exercise: Yes! There's actually a reason why I'm dressed in work out clothes in this week's photo--because I'd just worked out! I've done 20 minutes on the elliptical for the last two days in a row. Though, let it be said that working out first thing in the morning on an empty stomach is no longer an option, even if it's because you're racing the 90 degree temps in the garage. Eating something is now a MUST, self.

Clothes: Still going back and forth. My workout clothes in this week's photo are all "normal" clothes, but they stretch more than average, no?

Cravings/Aversions:Not really.

Movement: Little popcorns, but nothing super consistent.

Worries: I'm thrilled that for the third week in a row, I'm able to write, "I'm feeling pretty at peace, which is obviously not of my own doing. Thank you Lord!"

Milestones: Baby has started growing toenails, eyelashes, and hair, as well as forming tastebuds. At this point, tiny bones are forming in his or her ears, which means that he or she can now hear those of us on the 'outside'.

Best moment of the week:We got to hear baby via doppler yesterday (heart rate was 160). I also conquered my first OB appointment without Justin and also with a toddler by myself. I straight up bribed her with a ring pop, and it worked surprisingly well. Oh! And I got to schedule our "big" ultrasound for June 26th! It's kind of crazy to think that by Justin's birthday on the 27th, we'll know whether this one is a boy or a girl! I have no real gut feeling either way...the famed Chinese Gender Predictor says boy (and yes, it was correct with Lizzy), but beyond that I've got nothing. Feel free to cast your vote in the comments if you think you know!

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are 16 weeks already!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a split second in my head I thought girl, but now I feel like you are definitely having a boy. Who knows, it could go either way :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. PTL for a doppler! I wish I had one with my boys, I think it really would have calmed a lot of my fears!

    I think girl, but maybe that's because I'm so used to second kids being the same gender as the first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing I like your blog and it inspires me to pare down the food budget more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.