Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Yesterday

Yesterday, while I was elbow deep in dishwater, Lizzy unlocked the front door and ran outside, despite my cries of "Lizzy! NO! YOU COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW!"

A few hours later, the wind kicked up into high gear, and I dashed outside barefoot to grab a ball that we'd left outside before it blew away. Lizzy locked me out of the house, and would not come unlock the front door no matter how much I screamed. For some reason, Justin had also taken the garage door opener out of my car and not returned it. So, me and my bare feet were left outside...where it had now started raining...and I had the distinct privilege of trying to navigate the mud pit that is currently our backyard barefooted and in the rain.

I got inside, did the whole timeout thing, talked about how the DOOR IS NOW OFF LIMITS for Lizzy, etc. Justin got home, and I did a little happy dance, because the entire day had basically been what was described in the above two paragraphs.

And then after dinner, Justin went outside to fix something on his truck. Within minutes, I had taken away a popsicle after 3 warnings that it had to be eaten at the table instead of while dancing around, apparently pretending it was a magical wand. In the last occasion before I took it away, Lizzy tip toed over, stuck only her big toe in the living room, and then laughed. Actually, Lizzy ended up taking away the popsicle from herself at that point, as before I could reach her to take it away, she'd thrown the thing on the floor. So much for the floors I'd just mopped earlier.

Once she'd calmed down from that fiasco, I told her that it had been awhile, and she needed to go sit on the toilet. With the amount of tears and drama that ensued, you'd think I'd have just told her that her cat died. Lizzy finally calmed down and said she'd sit on the toilet...she went to grab a book, and peed on the rug instead...and then laughed. I am 100% certain that she did it on purpose. And I about lost it. I didn't know whether to scream or cry.

Thank God for Justin, who came inside at this point during my mental-breakdown and promptly took over by getting her into a bath. And then last night, I had dreams about the biggest darn margarita you ever did see. And it was glorious.

Here's hoping today goes more smoothly...

16 comments:

  1. When I have days like this I swear it's like it ALL happens in ONE DAY at the SAME TIME, within a short span. OMG. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh mama, what a day! I know you must be exhausted and beside yourself, but I have to say one thing. That little girl of yours is destined for great things! That sassiness and attitude will help her achieve awesome things in life! I really do love hearing stories about her, she seems like such a spunky little girl! Hope she gives you a break today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you, and so sympathize.

    I would love to toast cheers to you as I simultaneously drink my own tall frozen adult beverage. Adult conversation with someone who understands. Ahhh so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh friend... it can only get better, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - now THAT is a day for the books! Landon locked me out once and laughed about it. I was fuming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow.. what a NIGHTMARE. I will just think of this on those days that I am super antsy to have a baby :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, man, i have heard that 3 is worse than two adn I think we are heading in that direction...my last post was all about it ;) Brady does the running outside thing and it scares the crap out of me. I think it's almost as worse at him doing something just to tick me off :) like throwing clothes in the air at Kohl's from the display? FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, friend. I'm sorry you had a rough day. I hope today is better!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fireball! Oh man.
    Seriously, I love Lizzie stories.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Eeek!! Hope today has gone better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you went into a room by yourself and locked the door. I would have done that! Our daughter, who is 2, acts similar. Her new thing is throw down tantrums. It doesn't matter where we are. If she gets mad she's throwing herself on the ground. She did this in a parking lot today. It was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yikes! I thought I had it bad last week, I can only imagine the toddler years. Hope today was better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh man, girl. I'm so sorry you had such a crummy day!! What a headache. It amazes me how far kids will push their limits! I honestly don't remember having the guts when I was little.

    Ok, so no margarita. But what about a hot bubble bath, a good book and a milkshake? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness. What a little stinkpot! This just means that she's going to be a strong woman one day! Thinking of you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Toddlers are SO finicky, aren't they? *sigh* just know you aren't alone. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.