Monday, April 30, 2012

Today...

Today is the last day of the month....which is our once-a-month payday. Because Justin missed a full week of work last month due to having the flu, and his work no longer gives them sick time unless you bank overtime, today's payday has been looooonnnnnngggg awaited. LONG. AWAITED.

Which means we're basically out of food...and tonight was slated to be our big stock-up grocery trip.

But, Justin's grandpa is coming into town unexpectedly...which means that instead, we'll all gather for dinner and enjoy each others' company.

Which is a BLESSING. I love that this is just the way things are with both sides of the family. Though, I do sometimes wish we had a bit more notice. But, that's life. Sometimes we don't get notice, and we just have to decide what's more important--grocery shopping, or family gatherings a la Parenthood.

Of course, the latter wins. It's a crazy, hectic, awesome blessing. But, I'm still trying to figure out what we'll eat for the next 24 hours until we DO go grocery shopping :)

7 comments:

  1. I hope you get to enjoy the day and . . . eggs? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it... He always provides, yes?

    I read this in my "Jesus Calling" devotional this morning and thought I'd share:

    When some basic need is lacking--time, energy, money--consider yourself blessed. Your very lack is an opportunity to latch onto Me in unashamed dependence. When you begin a day with inadequate resources, you must concentrate your efforts on the present moment. This is where you are meant to live--in the present; it is the place where I always await you. Awareness of your inadequacy is a rich blessings, training you to rely wholeheartedly on Me.

    The truth is that self-sufficiency is a myth perpetuated by pride and temporary success. Health and wealth can disappear instantly, as can life itself. Rejoice in your insufficiency, knowing that My Power is made perfect in weakness.

    James 1:2; 2 Corinthians 12:9

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pay days. we pay ourselves out each month but having those extra few bucks to buy more treats feels amazing. Have a great evening with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, sometimes it can be so challenging to make it to payday! Glad I found your blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love your flexibility and gentle spirit/good attitude!

    Saying a prayer for you :) God always provides, He is good, and hooray for pay days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey just think... one less day to stretch this months budget. At least that is what I tell myself when the grocery doesn't happen on the day I really need to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhh,i so hear you! those last few days before getting to grocery shop can be so stretching ... trying to make the best of the beans and rice with gratitude ;).
    i'd love to know what meals you are planning when you do get groceries ...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.