Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thursday Thoughts


{one}
I'm supposed to be at Mom's Group today, but I'm not feeling great, and so sweet Lizzy and I are at home snuggling on the couch and watching Cars instead. It's wonderful...for the next seven minutes at least ;)

Lizzy has been so funny lately--the other day she told me, "Mama, I always love you sometimes."

Last night, we were listening to some music, and Lizzy said "I want Moves Like Jagger" plain as day. I can confidently say that the kiddo hasn't ever heard Moves Like Jagger at home or in the car, because the kiddo always has a meltdown and wants 'Lizzy Songs' instead. But, I pulled up Moves Like Jagger on You Tube, and Lizzy totally started singing the "Mo-oh-oh-oh-oh-oves like Jagger" portion of the song.

{two}
In response to the not-feeling great, I have a doctor appointment at 1:30pm today. Since the skin cancer thing in January, I get some SERIOUS anxiety before doctor appointments, and have been battling to keep myself in check all morning. Even though it isn't true, it feel like lately doctors only bring bad news that I was not expecting. 

{three}
We've made a couple more Pinterest recipes lately...



I was really excited about this "Man Pleasing Chicken" that I've seen all over Pinterest, but man, we did NOT like this recipe at all. Are we the only ones? It tasted much more mustard-y than I was anticipating, and I just didn't love it.

I also made Turmeric Chicken with Coconut Milk last night.

I'd never had turmeric before, and it was a lot different than I was expecting. I think I was expecting something like curry, but it was actually much lighter than I imagined. Justin hates curry, but he did try this...though I don't think it was a favorite of his by any stretch of the imagination.

{four}
It's actually supposed to be sunny and sort of nice here for Easter, and I'm excited! I may actually wear a dress! But for the life of me, I'm having the hardest time finding an Easter dress for Lizzy to wear. Sweet girl may end up wearing just one of her regular old dresses for Easter this year, 'cause I just can't seem to find anything I like at any of the usual places. Oh well, she'll survive :)

8 comments:

  1. I hope you feel lots better soon! Lizzie sounds like a sweetheart. Once my older sister was driving my little sister somewhere and out of nowhere the little one knew all the words to a song the big one didn't know :) I was proud of her though because it was one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers for that appointment, Mere!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your appointment goes well! And now; I'll be stalking you for details ;) Also, both chicken dishes? totally not my thing. I'm not a fan of mustard chicken unless it's chicken strips dipped in honey mustard, and anything remotely tasting like curry? no way. Enjoy those lizzy snuggles!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Lizzy cracks me up! I love hearing my 5 year old niece sing that part of the song. It's just so dang cute!

    2. I made that chicken recipe a couple weeks ago. I thought it was pretty good, but could stand to be tweaked a bit. Definitely a strong mustard flavor, but was surprised that I didn't really taste the syrup. HATED scrubbing the pan (followed by soaking and then more scrubbing). I should have lined it with foil!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That food looks amazing! Hopefully you're appointment goes well. I hate going to the doctor (and I'm a nurse, so I feel like I should totally be over that by now!).

    Found you through the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made the chicken recipe a few days ago, my man loved it, I did not. I think next time I make it I'll try honey mustard instead.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm stopping by from Sar's link up. Totally stoked that I've found another Lutheran in blogland!

    ReplyDelete
  8. you had me at pinterest recipes. yum. and getting to wear a dress on Easter is rare where i live. i'm happy that someone can look presentable at church!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.