Thursday, April 26, 2012

Baby #2: 11 weeks


How far along: 11 weeks exactly.

Size of baby: A lime (The Bump) or a fig (BabyCenter). 

Weight Gain: -5 pounds.

Symptoms: Just the usual--tired, feeling nauseous at night, falling asleep on the couch after dinner. This morning, I had the first of what I'm sure will be frequent crazy pregnancy dreams...oddly enough, a few of you who may be reading this were in them! In the hour between when Justin left and I finally woke up, I had dreams that featured Kristal (with a two-year-old girl named Kylie who was keeping you from resting in the hospital prior to having a baby) and also Renee (with a huge new dog named Kyle, which you were NOT happy about, but were trying to pretend to be). I guess the name Kyle/Kylie was on my mind!

Exercise: Nothing specific, though MAN, it had been so hot here lately that pulling weeds in the garden sure felt like exercise! My goal is to pop on a movie for Lizzy and hop on the treadmill for awhile this morning.

Clothes: Right now, my regular stuff is actually more comfortable than my maternity stuff. Generally, I'm just at the stage where I feel all lumpy, but I actually don't think the "bump" is super noticeable in regular clothes, compared to when I'm in yoga pants and a t-shirt, which is one reason why I stayed in my PJs for the above picture! Who am I kidding though...I'm still in them...

Cravings/Aversions: Nothing in particular. Sometimes, I'll make something for dinner, and then my the time it's done, I have absolutely no desire to eat it. I'm trying to force myself to at least try it before making myself something different, otherwise I'd break the bank with our grocery budget! Also, I've been slacking on the water consumption this week, and need to get back with it!

Movement: Nope. Obviously it'll be awhile. But for any second (or more) time moms, I'm curious to know if you felt movement sooner with subsequent pregnancies?

Worries: My next appointment with an ultrasound is in one week (at 3pm). I'd love your thoughts and prayers--I'm nervous about it, as always. Last night, we were talking with Lizzy before bed about how a little boy had gotten an owie in the nursery at church on Sunday, and how Lizzy was very nice to suggest that maybe a group hug would make him better. Then, Lizzy turned to me and sort of asked/said, "Mama's baby has a owie?!" which I know was just an innocent relating of something we'd just been talking about, but it seriously freaked me out even more.

Milestones: Baby's fingers and toes are no longer webbed. She's about 1 and a half inches long, and bones are just now beginning to harden. The little one is kicking away in there, even though I can't feel it yet.

Best moment of the week:I really enjoyed the few sunny days we had this past week, including spending time with my aunt and uncle, and then a fun BBQ on Saturday. It finally felt like summer may eventually get here. Of course, being the Pacific NW, we're back to rain again today, but that's okay because I'm getting antsy to plant my garden even though it's not time yet, and then rain will deter me!

11 comments:

  1. My first pregnancy I didn't feel Ella move until right about 20 weeks. This second time around, I started feeling flutters with Aubrey at 13 weeks (insane!) and full out movement by 15/16 weeks. It starts a lot sooner the 2nd time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW DID I MISS THIS?! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay grow baby grow! I am so living through you this pregnancy. You know, since I have baby fever, but am not allowed to be pregnant right now ;) Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prayers for you and the little one. Ultra sounds always make me nervous... even when I had one at 38 weeks just for the Dr. to see Eva's size. I felt this baby sooner than the last. Partly because of just knowing what the tiny bubble feel like I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I felt movement with Cohen about 3 weeks earlier than I did with Jaxon... Jaxon around 18-19 weeks, and Cohen 15-16 weeks.

    I think you look great. Sorry about the lack of energy! If it's any consolation, I feel the same way and I'm definitely NOT pregnant, lol!

    So I gotta ask... are you leaning towards girl or boy? Which one do you 'want'... besides a healthy one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, definitely felt movement sooner the second time around! It wasn't totally noticeable but as a second time mom you just "know" when that baby is moving :) I'm guessing you'll feel something soon.

    And as always, prayers coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I felt movement earlier with Kenna, my 2nd, but it seemed like FOREVER before I felt it with Caleb (don't know weeks wise, sorry!). So don't stress if it takes longer than you think it should! I do know I started showing about 10 seconds after getting pregnant with my 2nd and 3rd pregnancies, so there was no hiding it for long! :) Prayers for your appointment to go well, for peace that all is well in there.

    Maybe we'll see you this weekend at the party if you're up for it! Take care of you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a great week! You look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww! Praying for health and rest for you :)

    I KNOW what you mean about heat- it's been in the hundreds already for us, yuck :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. i was just thinking of you today! you look great :).

    so, baby movement ... i was 19 weeks before i felt josiah and now with this little bean,i am almost *sure* i felt a few kicks last week ( i was 16.5 weeks) but haven't felt anything since! now i'm almost 18 weeks and getting impatient. ha.

    can't wait for your ultrasound and that extra boost of confidence and assurance it will provide! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Praying for you! :) I felt B at 19 weeks, and K around 15-16 weeks I believe.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.