Thursday, June 16, 2011

Snippets....Again

- Now that we're back from vacation, I feel like we need another vacation, ha!

-Last night, we decided (well, I decided and Justin played along) to make a family manifesto. My plan is to have it printed as a 20 x 30 photo at Costco ($8.99), and then either frame it or Mod Podge it to some pieces of wood and hang it by our front door. I'm still making a few tweaks, but I love how it came out, and I think it would be a fun family tradition to do every 3-5 years.


FamilyMotto2011noname


- I used to LOVE peanut butter. However, a few months ago Justin was working at an organic peanut butter place, and they gave him a case of Almond Butter. We've been using almond butter in place of peanut butter, 'cause hey it was free. However, sometime last week, I put regular old Skippy peanut butter on something...and I could hardly eat it. It tasted like chemicals. Justin told me that he noticed the same thing--maybe once we're out of the almond butter, I can convince him to buy Adams Peanut Butter, or the stuff that you ground yourself in the bulk section of the store.

-I've totally slacked at taking photos of the 30 in 30 thing, though I have actually stayed on plan really well.

-I re-started Insanity last week, and I'm still sore as all get out. I have a feeling that it's hard no matter how in shape you are or how many times you've done it, 'cause each time you're doing your best.

8 comments:

  1. I took a class at the gym on Monday and am STILL sore from it. How sad is that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never had almond butter but it sounds amazing to me right now. Yum! And I was always sore doing insanity. Feel the burn, my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Give a girl some Mod Podge... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for getting a good work out. Boo for being sore. I LOVE the family manifesto! I may have to convince Jesse we need one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the manifesto! Did you use wordle.net to make it? If not, you should check it out! It is an awesome website for making word collages like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy eat dessert and eat dinner together. Sounds like a plan! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE almond butter! I found some at Target and it was 4.99! I can't eat peanut butter anymore period. I have also found that if the bottom of the almond butter gets kinda dry, i add a little agave and it's perfect! :) droooool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Trader Joe's has Sunflower seed butter, and that stuff is mad addictive. I'll bring you a jar of it if you don't have any by the next time I see you. Also, if you like nutty things, walnut tea is one of the craziest most delicious teas I've tasted. Love the manifesto idea, that's a fantastic tradition!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.