Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Snippets

- My knee is all buggered up. I had been doing Jillian's Ripped in 30 dvd since it's rained too much to run with Lizzy in the jogger, and on one of the levels you do this move where you lunge to the side and then lift your outer leg. I did, and heard a pop in my left knee. Awesome. I took it easy over the weekend, but it still swells occasionally. So, I'm just doing level 3 of the 30 Day Shred again to try and keep rehabbing it...but it's kind of a bummer, 'cause I was ready to start another round of Insanity.

- Justin's work schedule is crazy again right now. Yesterday, he worked from 7:00am-4:30pm. We went grocery shopping, grabbed a burger, and headed home. Then he left again at 8pm, and still isn't back yet. I think he gets to come sleep for a couple hours, and then he'll have to go back in. Not sure whether he'll have to work overnight again or not. Poor guy.

-A friend gave me Water for Elephants to read on Sunday, and I finished it yesterday. A full review is to come, but I LOVED it. I was surprised, but happily.

- We've started Beth Moore's Esther study. I'm not sure how it's all going to work out logistically, but I love that I'm getting back into daily Bible study. It makes such a big difference in my life when I do it!

-Speaking of Bible Study, I've seen this thing floating around Facebook/email called "The Bible in 50 Words". I thought it was pretty great, and decided to photoshop it up to possibly replace something in our gallery wall.

Bible50Words


If you'd like it, you're welcome to click through and download the original size from Flickr. Please just don't sell it, 'cause that would be mean.

-Lastly, my brother graduates from high school this Friday, and we have NO IDEA what to get him as a graduation present. We don't want to just give money, but he's also not doing any of the traditional after-high school stuff either. So, I'm kinda at a loss!

11 comments:

  1. Idea for graduation gift: Maybe something like you'd give as a wedding shower gift, something for the home, maybe cookware?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I for one LOVED money for graduation gifts all three times around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looove that print! Def be printing it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is he into reading??? I've had a lot people asking for Kindles!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh, so sorry about your knee. I have had surgery on mine and Jillian's workouts kill me every time.

    Love the print!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about a GPS? My brother is incredibly geographically challenged, so I gave him my old one (along with money - I didn't just want to be a regifter!). Now that he's driving to more than just school, it'll be a huge help!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! Saving that to print for sure!

    For your brother - is he going to college? I like to do a "college survival kit" for the dorm- easy mac, a little first aid kit, melamine-ish plate/bowl & silverware for the microwave, shout wipes, and other random things that you need but don't think about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I feel like I should know this, but what does your hubby do for a living again?! That really stinks about this crazy schedule he's on! Hoping you guys cope and get a breather soon.

    Loved Water for Elephants. I thought the movie was really good too which is odd considering I despise books to movies. I usually decide to read or watch one or the other. The inconsistencies drive me bonkers but this was pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. John's schedule is about to get crazy again too. Ugh. Summer. Glad you liked Water for Elephants. I read it forever ago and just read it again and loved it just as much.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just finished water for elephants too! I second the idea of kindle for your brother. I would have rather had money myself, but whatever.

    Kinda feel silly asking this, but I read water for elephants on my kindle and it's so difficult to like 'page' through things, flip around and reread parts? So why exactly was it called water for elephants? Was it some sort of circus joke that I missed somewhere? Because no one can carry that much water or something? I feel so stupid. I used to be smart, before I started having all these babies :)

    I love your blog! Have I told you lately?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man... Water for Elephants was one of those library reserved books that I didn't get to and then the movie was released and I couldn't renew. I wish I would have moved it up in the stack. I love the Ripped in 30. Thanks Mer for the suggestion.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.