Tuesday, June 7, 2011

30 in 30: Week 2

I said this last week, but this weather has really been throwing me for a loop. I'm just not used to needing to wear sweaters and long sleeves in June! Consequently, I added extra items into my wardrobe most days this past week--I was getting tired of the black long sleeve/ black cardigan/ black fleece, which were the only semi-warm clothes that I had included in the wardrobe. I'm simply not willing to add them in to the 30 items because I know (hope) that it's going to finally get hot here any day.

So, I guess I cheated. Or made exceptions. Oh well...it's still been a positive thing because knowing that I have to take a picture of myself has helped motivate me to actually get dressed most days instead of just kicking it around in yoga pants. It's also making me think a little more about my wardrobe--what I love, what I love for other seasons, and what I could probably give away.

Tuesday 5/31
Lizzy and I met Justin for dinner at a local burger joint and then went grocery shopping. This was my attempt to be comfy, but maybe a little cuter than the usual jeans, sweatshirt, and tennis shoes that I normally wear for our big grocery shopping trips. I decided that these jeans would be a temporary placeholder in my 30 items until the weather warmed up and/or I found another pair of shorts that I like.
IMG_6839

Wednesday 6/1
Honestly, I was exhausted Wednesday morning. I literally threw a belt and boots over my pajamas...so nothing that I wore was from the plan. I don't usually wear leggings out in public because I don't think they're particularly flattering on me, but oh well.
IMG_6842

Thursday 6/2
Headed to Mom's Group. Everything I wore today was from the plan! Also, I debuted my glitter shoes, which I love!
IMG_6911

Friday 6/3
Went to my little brother's graduation. Everything other than the cardigan was from the plan. Found some new shoes...I know they're wannabe Tom's, but I thought they were cuter than Tom's, and they were on super clearance for $5, so I bought them in turquoise and yellow.
IMG_6913

IMG_6919

Saturday 6/4
No picture. This is becoming a trend for Saturdays. I think I wore jeans and a sweatshirt.

Sunday 6/5
Went to church. It was actually sort of warm all morning! I was self-conscious about the jersey material clinging to my stomach, but it looks like I'm actually okay.
IMG_7000

Monday 6/6
Spent the day running errands. Found a pair of shorts that will replace the second pair of jeans for the remainder of the time on the plan.
IMG_7010

10 comments:

  1. I like your outfits! I need to dress a little better too and it looks like we have the same "style." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your deal shoes! The outfits are super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute Cute Cute!
    Leggings? Definitely flattering!
    C'me on...!
    Have I said how much I love your yellow shoes?

    Looking good Mere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you Sunday outfit... you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing in the dress!! I love the yellow shoes - $5!! Nice find.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shoes are cuter than any Toms I've seen! Where did you get?

    ReplyDelete
  7. You look great! Funny how taking outfit photos helps streamline your closet, I know my choices are much more thought out now that I style blog.
    We were out on the peninsula this weekend and therefore went to a Walmart (which I never do) and I almost got those yellow shoes - they're very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Meredith,

    We are huge fans of La Buena Vida over at Glam Media! We’re one of the top 10 online media companies in the US and would love for you to help pilot our new Family Blogging Community, slated to launch in the coming months.

    If you’re interested in making valuable connections with Moms like you, please contact me about joining this community we’re building.

    Cheers,

    Sandy Hayashi
    Community Partners Editor
    Glam Media
    sandyh@glam.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! This is something I need to do since I waste way too much time in front of my closet every single day freaking out about having nothing to wear.

    I adore those yellow shoes! And I love when you wear your hair all curly. Is it natural or do you style it? Either way, adorable and sexy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the yellow shoes. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.