Friday, May 20, 2011

There's A Bird In My Wall, Dear Liza, Dear Liza.

Oh, you read that right.

Somehow (don't ask me how), there is now a bird stuck in the wall behind our stove. And it spends a LOT of time flapping its wings and tweeting. Oh, and scratching at the wall and scaring the living daylights out of me.

Yesterday, Justin thought that it had fallen into the vent in the roof for our over-the-stove microwave. With much screaming and protesting from me, he opened up the space above the microwave. I had visions of a rabid bird flying around our house, unable to be caught....but the bird wasn't there. It's still squaking away from the general stove area, but apparently isn't in the little alcove that we thought it might be holing up.

How exactly would one go about getting a bird out from behind your walls before it dies and stinks up the whole house? Preferably without taking a sledgehammer to the kitchen cabinets. Why does this stuff always happen to me?!

In the meantime, Lizzy and the bird continue to have tweeting matches to see who can tweet the most loudly.

PS, in totally unrelated news, I had a dream right before I woke up this morning that I ran a 5k in 16 minutes and 47 seconds. HAHAHAHA! I apparently qualified for nationals, and then cried while saying, "But I don't even LIKE running!!!"

4 comments:

  1. OhMyGosh!! I hope you guys get it figured out quickly!! Who would you call for something like that? An exterminator?? Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh crap! I have no idea what I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'd be in a hotel SO fast. Birds freak me out big time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm wayyy behind & you probably posted an update to this already, but ohmygoodness. A mouse in the wall is one thing - those I don't feel bad for. I kinda feel bad for the birdie though! Good thing I have cinderblock walls - no spaces for birdies to get in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.