Monday, May 30, 2011

Push It

So, the band has a couple of big shows coming up and needed a few new promo pictures. On Friday, the weather held out long enough to do a short shoot. Let me tell you...it is HARD to take photos of that many people. I shot over 500, and only ended up with about 40 where someone wasn't making a weird face/had their eyes closed/wasn't doing something stupid.

SecondBest (1)

SecondBest (6)

SecondBest (14)

SecondBest (22)

SecondBest (12)

SecondBest (5)

SecondBest (11)

SecondBest (10)

SecondBest (13)

SecondBest (2)

SecondBest (3)

SecondBest (18)

This was kind of a fun opportunity to push myself and do something outside the norm since the shoot was for a band and allowed for more high-key and "edgy" shots. On the other hand, because these pictures aren't really my norm (both in terms of needing to be more posed shots than I usually do for the purpose of promos, and in terms of the editing), I'm also less confident in the shoot than I am of some of the others I've done in the past...but they're growing on me.

12 comments:

  1. these are gorgeous! i especially love the car ones. beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sun spots in the prayer circle. God's gifts for sure!

    The car shots are beautiful as well! I'm a big fan of those, because although they're "posed," they seem a little less contrived than the ones where they're standing in a line.

    Beautiful work, Mer! Way to push outside your comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The 3rd and 4th are my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I think you should be proud!
    They turned out great!..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I especially like the car ones too. And the sofa in the middle of the grass? Brilliant! Go you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. these are great... those sofa and car shots look like an album cover. I really like the prayer photo. Wonderful Job.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they look great, girly:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, you are so talented!! Great shots!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love the one on the couch - there's just something about it that gets me. Of course, they're all beautiful and I love the places you found to take pics!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You did an amazing job. I like the second one on the car, but they are all really good. I think you are being too hard on yourself. You did awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You take awesome pics. These are amazing! Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think they look great! Good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.