Friday, May 13, 2011

Five Minute Friday: Deep Breath




Remember this from last week? In case you missed it, on Fridays {The Gypsy Mama} posts a prompt, and we write for five minutes, without worrying about whether everything is phrased perfectly, or if our grammar is correct. It's writing from the heart.

Today's Prompt? Deep Breath. Yep, that's it.

Ready? Go. 

I have asthma, so as I'm running, sometimes it's hard for me to catch a nice deep breath. When my asthma is bad, those short raspy breaths make it that much harder to keep going. That much harder to do what is normally so easy. I've noticed that's true with life as well...we get busy and go, and go, and GO, but if we don't take time to take that deep breath to reinvigorate ourselves, the mundane things can become almost unbearable. 

Yesterday, I almost had a breakdown in the dressing room of TJ Maxx. Lately, any time I go shopping, Lizzy lets out these high pitched screams constantly, and she was doing it yesterday in the dressing room while I was half undressed. Could NOT calm her down. Normally, this wouldn't cause a near breakdown for me, but since Justin has been either out of town or working nights for the past five weeks, I was tired. Run down. I needed a break. Just a few minutes without a baby on my hip. I needed a deep breath. And maybe a glass of wine.

Luckily for me, I got that deep breath later on in the day--my sister and I headed off to see the Newsboys in concert (I'll post with more details later today), and it was just such an awesome, uplifting experience. Most of the bands played worship songs along with their sets, and there was something so awesome and refreshing about hearing thousands of people sing "Mighty to Save" together. It was a deep, cleansing, refreshing breath for my soul.

STOP. 

Breathe...Justin will be home in an hour....I can make it. Just breathe.

2 comments:

  1. First of all, your blog is beautiful! So soothing and calming. :)

    Secondly, I completely understand where you're coming from. And so I wish you a weekend full of deep breath moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya.

    Holding my daughter is fantastic but sometimes I literally just need 3 minutes with [both hands] free.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.