Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Read This Now.

You may have heard about a high school basketball player from Fennville, Michigan named Wes Leonard, who died of a heart attack last week just minutes after scoring the winning basket that qualified his team for the playoffs.

In high school, one of my basketball teammates and good friends died. Though under different circumstances, this situation hit home with me, and I've kind of been following it. I came across an article this morning about Fennville's first playoff game since Wes Leonard died, and it was one of the most heart-warming things I've read in a long time. I'm so thankful for the ways in which the community surrounded the team. I'm so thankful for the ways that the opposing team showed respect and solidarity. Sometimes, it's nice to read a news article like this.

Go read the article...but grab a box of Kleenex before you do.

3 comments:

  1. oh I love news that is uplifting and nice instead of "see how terrible our world is.."

    thanks for the sharing and the warning of needing tissues (even though I didn't listen and ended using a onesie.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article. I cried at the first paragraph!

    I too experienced a classmate's death in high school. It's one of the most emotional things a kid can go through. My prayers are with the school and his family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great article and such a moving story. I just saw this on the news while making dinner and it saddened me deeply. It's so nice to see the team coming together.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.