- 4 lbs beef chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth (about half a can)
- 8 gingersnaps, crumbled (about 2/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & quartered
- 3 medium carrots cut into 1/2-inch pieces or slices.
- 1 bay leaf
I removed the roast and veggies, skimmed the fat, and then thickened the gravy with flour. Next time, I think I'd probably use the full can of beef broth, because there really wasn't a lot of gravy (at least by Justin's standards).
This was a GREAT meal, but very hearty, and a little on the sweet side. I definitely needed a green salad to balance out the meal, but I would definitely make it again. So easy! Give it a try!