Friday, September 10, 2010

Snippets

- I'm really tired. Lizzy and I both have colds. On top of that, her sleep has been seriously deteriorating. She used to sleep through the night, but now she's not anymore. She's usually up at 3am or 4am, standing up in her crib, and hysterical. Nothing that I've tried so far (bottle, rocking, lullaby music, motrin, etc) seems to make any bit of difference. If Justin gets up first to go to her, he tends to take the, "YOU LAY DOWN RIGHT NOW AND GO TO SLEEP" approach. I definitely approach the situation differently, and that causes some friction between the two of us as well. It's just a frustrating situation all around.

-In the same vein, we need a date night really badly. Time to reconnect. I'm just not sure when that will even be feasible with Justin's crazy and unpredictable work schedule.

- I've made Blackberry cobbler probably seven times in the past two weeks, using a modified version of this recipe. PS- please note that the original calls for self-rising flour. I didn't notice this for the first cobbler, and it didn't turn out so well. If you only have all purpose flour, just add 1.5 tsp baking powder and 1tsp salt to make your own self rising flour.

Dessert 9.08.10

-I've been taking photos of what I've been eating this week.You can view the Flickr set here if you're interested. I probably won't do it every day, just because I'm too cheap to buy a Pro Flickr account, so there's a monthly limit to what I can upload.

-I've had a few people ask about In the Photo Friday. My original commitment was to do ITPF until September. I'm not sure if I want to continue to do it weekly, or just every so often. If anyone else wants to host it on their blog, maybe that would be a good idea? What do y'all think? 

-I've been alternating the 30 Day Shred with Jillian Michael's Yoga Meltdown, and let me tell you...yoga meltdown is NO JOKE. I've done yoga before, but I have never sweat doing yoga like I did with that DVD. Holy COW.

7 comments:

  1. Hope you two get to feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a sleep regression period here as well. It looks as though we are back to our once a night feeding but things aren't as predictable as they used to be. I read "The No-Cry Sleep Solution" and plan on implementing a lot of the suggestions once Eli turns 4 months [7 more days!]. I think it's time we all had a good night's rest :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could come babysit for you so you can go on your date night! If I'm ever close...

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOved, love, love catching up on your blogs. Hey... I need to ask you a questions. Can I email you?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog!

    Have a nice time!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you and little Miss start feeling better soon! I am so jealous of all your fresh blackberries and veggies! I can't wait to plant next year!:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Jillian's yoga melt down! I've been doing it twice in a row on some days to add some intensity...definitely a sweat producer for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.