Thursday, September 9, 2010

Letter to Lizzy- Eight Months


Dear My Long-Legged Lizzy Girl, 


In a few days, you will officially be eight months old, which is absolutely ridiculous. At eight months, here's what you're up to: 
  • Crawling, pulling yourself to standing, and "Cruising" on furniture. Occasionally standing unassisted for a few minutes. 
  • Bouncing up and down when you're holding on to furniture. 
  • Saying "Mama", "Dada", "Hey", "A-Boo", and lots of other sounds.
  • Playing Peek-A-Boo and "Getcha Getcha" (you LOVE being tickled)
  • Sometimes waving hi or bye, but you turn your hand around and wave at yourself instead of whoever you're waving at. 
  • Eating. Lots. Right now, you especially love corn on the cob, pizza, and the Up & Up brand of white cheddar puffs.  
  • Not sleeping. Like, ever. 
  • You also constantly shake your head side to side, doing the motion for "no". I don't think you're actually saying "no" though, I think you just like how it feels. 
  • And, you have four teeth--your two bottom teeth, and your two eye teeth up top!

One thing that has really developed this month is your temper. In the above set of pictures, you'll notice some pretty intense crying photos. No, you hadn't hurt yourself--you were madder than a wet hen that I took my cell phone away from you. And a 15 minute tantrum ensued, complete with arm flailing, rolling around on the ground, and an occasional pause to make sure that I was still watching. Despite this behavior, I didn't really mind your tantrum, because shortly after you were done, you crawled into your Boppy pillow and fell asleep. I was shocked, because nothing like that has EVER happened. Most kids fall asleep in their highchair or jumperoo from time to time, but not you sweet girl. Normally, it is really, REALLY hard to get you to sleep--in fact, this morning at 3am, you were standing up in your crib and happily screaming, ready to play.


Another thing I've noticed this month is that you are really starting to ham it up (another similarity you have with your dad). If people are watching, there's nothing you love more than to let out a happy scream and make a silly, mischievous face.

You've begun gaining weight at a more steady rate this month, and now top out at just over 14 pounds, and you're *just* beginning to fit into 6-9 month clothes. You're doing very well with formula bottles, and meals are SO MUCH LESS STRESSFUL than when I was battling you to nurse. Still, you much prefer to eat "real" food, and are starting to develop preferences there as well--last weekend, you would not eat the quesadilla that I ordered for you, but banged on the table for Grandma Joyce's black beans and rice.


Everyone is taking bets on how many more weeks it will be until you walk. While I wouldn't be surprised if you were walking by the end of the month, I kind of hope that you wait another month or so...because once you're walking, I think you're considered a "toddler", and I just want you to stay a baby for a little while longer!


Love forever and for always,
Mom

10 comments:

  1. wow. Lizzy is incredibly strong! And such a great eater. My girl could learn and thing or two from her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, tantrums. These are daily in my house is well. I think it is awesome that she fell asleep on her own! That NEVER happens around here! What a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 8 months!! Oh my goodness, where as the time gone? Her legs are looking super long! My child will be lucky to have legs that long when he's 6.. haha

    She is so cute! I definitely think she looks a lot like you in some of these photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so stinkin' cute. I hear ya on the tantrums from taking the cell phone away. That's when ours started too. Can't believe it's been 8 months already! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. aawwee... so sweet and she is so cute!! We are creeping up on 8 months too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. goodness she's adorable! Sounds like you're going to have your hands full! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with her! I'd take black beans and rice over a quesadilla any day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. She looks so comfy in that Boppy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So much of this reminds me of Isaac. The noises, the waving, the head shaking, the fits. I think this stage is hilarious! And I can't believe how much Lizzy is moving!! No wonder she's so petite...she's burning all her calories!

    Love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your sweet Lizzy never ceases to amaze me. She is just so adorable!!! Have you checked her out for a possible ear infection? It could be what is causing her sleep issue. Jillian had one just last week and she would wake up a lot crying. She just wasn't herself. She also had Roseola on top of it but I had a hunch an ear infection was also involved. I hope you are doing well Meredith!!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.