Monday, September 13, 2010

Date Night

Last night, Justin and I put Lizzy to bed and watched the movie Date Night (yeah for Redbox!). I wasn't sure whether it would be hilarious or stupid, and maybe I was just in the mood for a silly movie, but I thought it was HILARIOUS. One scene in particular had me laughing so hard I was crying.

Basically, the two characters (Tina Fey and Steve Carrell) are a married couple discussing their fantasies. The husband asks if the wife ever fantasizes about leaving him for someone else. She responds something to the effect of,

'God no. If anything I fantasize about being alone. Leaving and going to a hotel for the afternoon. Being in a quiet room where I can eat my lunch with no one touching me. And drink a diet Sprite in peace.' 

I about died. I SO understand! I never really understood until I became a mom how exhausting it can be just to be touched 24/7. But I also didn't have any understanding of how heart-warming and fulfilling it can be either.

11 comments:

  1. I love this! That does sound like a nice fantasy.

    Funny thing is when I get time alone I eventually start missing my husband and daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That movie is SO funny! Definitely a recent favorite and a movie I wouldn't mind owning. I also like that there wasn't a ton of cussing and no nudity in the um, strip club scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We watched that this weekend, too! And Cop Out. And Back-up Plan. We were tv junkies this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad this was a good movie! I have been dying to see it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love RedBox - it's our only resource (plus online)for videos nowadays! I liked Date Night too, more so than most of the reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved that movie, too! It was silly, but good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, we LOVED this movie!!! It was hilarious and I hope both of them are in more movies to come!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My in-laws said this movie was super funny, too. I don't even have kids and I already feel this way. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lol, I didn't have any interest in seeing the movie until so many people raved about it. And yes, even before kids I sometimes just wanted a vacation to myself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great movie quote!! I know the feeling. It'd be mice tp be able to go to the bathroom without a kid yelling after me. Lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.