Wednesday, September 29, 2010

#35 | Intimidation

My husband loves cheesecake. I've known this about him for quite some time. Once when we were dating, we attempted to make cheesecake bars together, but I'm pretty sure they were of a no-bake variety. Cheesecake has always been intimidating to me, so I've never attempted it again.

But, I put it on my 101 in 1001 list of things to do. Make Justin a cheesecake. I'd been dragging my feet, mostly because I didn't want an entire cheesecake sitting around our house. {And because I was intimidated}. However, last night, we had a dessert potluck to go to for our small group, and I didn't want to bring blackberry cobbler again, but did have blackberries that I wanted to use. So I searched through Pioneer Woman's recipes containing blackberries and came across her Blackberry Cheesecake.

And I decided to make it. Even though I don't own a springform pan. So, I did. And it was easy. I planned to take a picture once I got back from our small group {there were only like 4 couples, I figured there was no WAY we'd eat a whole cheesecake, especially with 4 other tasty desserts to try}, but when I came home, all I was left with was this:

One little itty bitty piece of cheesecake/berry goodness. So, I'm assuming it was good. I don't know for sure though, because Justin didn't comment either way!

3 comments:

  1. Looks yummy! Way to conquer your fear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made the same cheesecake from her recipe and I will have to say that it is indeed delicious! Glad it turned out well for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks good!

    You should also try my Gma Pat's cheesecake sometime...a little untraditional when it comes to cheesecakes, but also my all time favorite. And if I can make it...well then I am confident that you can too!

    http://littlenorwaytobig.blogspot.com/2010/01/grandmas-cheese-pie.html

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.