Friday, April 30, 2010

Fix It Friday

So, I've decided that I want to participate more over at I Heart Faces. And on Fridays, they have a feature called "Fix It Friday", where they give you a photo, and you "fix it"--by applying whatever edits you want. I've never participated before, but I thought I'd give it a shot.

Here's the original:


And here's my edit:
FIF-1edit

I did a crop to put her in the rule of thirds (and get rid of one of the signs). Then, I did a quick and kind of sloppy healing brush to get rid of the sign just behind her. Next, I used Amy McMaster's Black and White Action, along with both the Bittersweet and Vanilla Overlays.

What do you think? Does it improve upon the original? 

10 comments:

  1. Some much better! Great job! How long did the edit take you? What program did you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great! thanks for the link :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Mer! I love it! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! That looks great!!! Very impressed. Great idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely!! You did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice edit - I don't think I even considered taking out one of the yellow/black signs but I think it takes away another distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Huge improvement from the first picture. I like this game...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those actions are great! Are there any other actions you use (besides PW of course) that you enjoy. And are free?!? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great edit! My crop is identical.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.