Monday, April 19, 2010

BQOTD: Last Meal

Imagine for a minute that you are on death row. Wait, that's too morbid for a Monday. Let's try again.

Imagine for a minute that you'd get to plan out your last meal (a la death row inmates). You could have anything you want. What would you pick? 

Here's my answer: I'd start with a salad of mixed greens, blue cheese, apples, strawberries, walnuts, and raspberry vinaigrette dressing.  I'd also have an entire loaf of sourdough bread and butter. Then, I'd have a heaping plateful of medium rare tri tip, a baked sweet potato with brown sugar, corn on the cob, and fresh strawberries. And a pineapple that had been shipped overnight from Hawaii. Cherry Coke to drink. For dessert I'd have molten lava cake with a raspberry Chambord reduction. And real whipped cream.


{Pst! Justin! Since I know you're reading this, feel free to make me this meal any time. I promise that I'd eat smaller portions, and it would totally make me swoon. Totally.}

What about you? What would you have?

7 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what I'd have but I would love to try your meal sometime. Good gracious that sounds to die for (bad analogy?).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could use some of that dessert! That sounds amazing! I would want some incredibly delicious seafood. And onion rings... I know I know I'm a werido. And some of these garlic bread knots from a restaurant in LA. Plus your dessert. I think I would probably puke at the end but hey, it sounds good :o).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I'd have like 20 Elvis Pretzelys, get a freeze head and die happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, my mind doesn't think in terms of favorite meals. I have absolutely NO idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Skim milk, a salad from Miyabi's with ranch dressing, loaded mashed potatoes, steamed oysters, & peach juice to drink with my dessert of peanut butter pie and Oatmeal Cookie Chunk ice cream from B&J.

    Not that ANY of that goes together..

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, so I was unsure how I'd answer...till I saw your meal! And all I have to say (and all I can think about now) is...ditto!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know all the portions, but this weekend I made my first ceviche de camarron, and it was splendid. So that will be on the list. And since I love to cook, I think I would demand to assist in making it; after all, it's my last meal! I want to be sure they get it right!

    Oh. And an empanada chilena. Chicken Curry with naan and palak paneer...ummm...this meal is getting too big.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.