Wednesday, April 28, 2010

103 and Other Things.

This is one of those days where I feel like I have a ton to say, and I'm just not sure how to phrase any of it. Maybe I'll just ramble. I'm an expert rambler, just so you know.

-On Justin's side of the family, there are four "sisters"--Justin's actual sister's Karla, and Kelsey. And then Renee and I, who "married in". Renee, Karla, and I have been getting together at least once a week (with another girl from our softball team) to have lunch, let the kids play, and then we do a short Bible study. Right now, we're reading Max Lucado's newest book Fearless. I love that time so much--coming together in the Word, sharing our own thoughts and fears. Spending time with amazing women, wives, and moms. It's a great start to my week. Especially right now, because I'm finding that anxiety is rearing its ugly little head.

- I've always loved a capella groups. Even before Glee came along and made them cool again--which I am THRILLED about. Anyway, one of the big ones out here is "On the Rocks", which is the University of Oregon's male a capella group. They've gone viral this week for their rendition of Lady GaGa. It's hilarious.




-Right now, I'm on the mini-pill for birth control. I'm not sure whether or not I want to switch to something different. The fact that it's less effective than regular BC pills freaks me out. And there seems to be a ton of debate about whether or not you should use condoms along with the mini pill. But if I'm going to use condoms anyway, what's the point of being on the pill? And I've also heard lots of stories about moms who got pregnant again while on the mini pill, which really freaks me out because I am so not ready to be pregnant again. Which probably comes across as being really insensitive, because I know that it's Infertility Awareness week. I hate that so many of my friends are dealing with infertility whereas I'm desperately trying not to get pregnant. Anyway, I'd love to hear what all you momma's did for BC after you had your bambinos. 

-Sweet Justin pre-empted a major breakdown on my part last night by doing the dishes. Lizzy is teething, and therefore has been kind of a basket case for the last new days. And I don't know if she's growing (and thus eating more) or me not sleeping well at night from my allergies, but the last few days I have just been EXHAUSTED. I have been trying to nap when she naps, but that means that I don't get as much cleaning done around the house, and it is frustrating for me. I don't do very well living in a state of chaos.

-I am officially down a jeans size. I still don't think I've actually lost any weight, but the down a size thing is really, really nice.

-Five or six people have called me recently about doing photo shoots recently. Could this really take off as an actual business? I've also had a few wedding requests, but I just do NOT feel ready to do a wedding yet--I haven't even been a second shooter for a wedding yet!

-Our softball team only lost by one run during tie-breaker rules last weekend. It was an awesome time, and the ump said it was the best season-opener he's ever done. And I love all the people on the team--I hope we continue to do things outside of softball this summer!

11 comments:

  1. I've always loved a capella too! I dragged John to watch VT's group (Juxtaposition) on more than one occasion :)

    I have to bookmark this post so I can watch the video when I get home tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an IUD inserted in January. I always hated the daily task of taking bc or changing patches or rings or whatever else I may try.
    There is some controversy out there as to its safety, but nothing is a sure thing, and I trust it and think new studies are showing how safe it really is. That said, it's the most effective bc method that can still be reversed when you're ready for more kids, and if you're not looking at having kids for a few years, it's more cost effective than a monthly prescription refill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on going down a pants size-isn't that an awesome feeling??? Oh how I miss BC that lead to a nice clear acne-free face...no babies here so I've got nothing. Good luck though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the mini-pill after having Jaxon. Had the same feelings you did, but just figured that I'm doing what my doctor had recommended and if I got pregnant then so be it, even though I was definitely not ready either. Didn't get pregnant while I was on it, and actually got pregnant 2 months after getting on the actual pill again. How crazy is that?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have to do a wedding one of these days. Might as well be sooner rather than later, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, that was hilarious! Thanks for sharing! I've never heard of the "mini-pill" and I wonder why they say not to use condoms with it? That's odd...

    I think you'd be great at doing a wedding! I hope all goes well with these shoots for you and maybe this can actually be a real business! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I got on the pill right away but we also use protection just because I am super paranoid and figure if I just do both it will lessen the chances. Plus I am really forgetful and bad bout taking the pill, and when I got prego with my first we were using condoms but I was not on anything, so ONLY using that kinda worries me. Sounds impossible, but it's true! So I feel like using both will balance it out somehow? lol It has worked for me so far!
    And I totally know how you feel when it comes to living in chaos. I can handle stressors involving parenthood by themselves, but when something is wrong with my kids AND my house is a mess, I start to feel like I'm gonna have a mini melt down! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am on the mini-pill due to migraines that I had before when I was on Yaz or Loestrin. So far, no problems! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Down a size? That's awesome! Who cares what you weigh? As long as you feel good and fit in your clothes!

    I'm not help on the BC, sorry:) I don't use anything other than basal temperature tracking. Although, it was pretty full-proof for me when we weren't trying.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Meredith, I found your blog and I love it! You've inspired me to do a few DIY Projects! You make such a good wife and Mom, I hope we could get together one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am on the mini pill and now I am freaked out!! AHHHHH. I had not heard that it may not be as effective as other pills.

    Have you decided to change?
    I am still nursing so I think it's the best option for me, but I DO NOT want to get pregnant!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.