Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Like Mother, Like Daughter.

Have I mentioned before that I absolutely HATE shoes and socks? Working at a "real" job (opposed to a rafting company) was a huge adjustment period for me, because I actually had to wear shoes instead of flip flops. And now that I'm not working, I'm pretty much back to rocking the flip flops 24/7, even in the cold and rain. And although we don't have a "no shoes" rule in the house, people often think that we do because I'm barefoot pretty much all the time. Getting the picture? I REALLY hate shoes and socks.

I think that Lizzy is going to be the same. She absolutely won't tolerate shoes or socks on her feet for any extended period of time, which results in me getting a lot of nasty looks from old ladies. I try to explain that she hates them, but people just get upset about 'how cold her feet must be'. Sigh. Anyway. Not only does she not like shoes or socks, but she also doesn't like footed sleepers. I can't tell you how many mornings I'll wake up to this:

IMG_6182

She either kicks at her sleepers until they come unbuttoned, or wiggles her feet through the gaps in between the snaps, so that her little toes can be free. She already has very distinct opinions about what she likes and what she does not!

Needless to say, the times when I've tried to put her in sleep sacks have NOT been very successful, lol!



12 comments:

  1. I'm the same way! I can't stand confined feet! We're all just smart women!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sooo cute how she wiggles her feet out :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way! I'm one of "those" people that even takes my shoes off at my desk. I don't walk around the office barefoot though. Ew. The shoes go back on anytime I have to get up. I'm pretty much barefoot at all times around the house too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brayden is always tugging at his socks as well, and sometimes gets his piggies out of his jammies too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I'm a flip flop girl :) I love her little toes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hate socks too! Being able to put on flip-flops is one of my favorite parts of going somewhere warm in the winter :) I'm interested to see what our future babies do considering that I take my socks of as soon as I get in the door... and my in-laws wear 2 pairs of socks at a time that go up to their knees!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only pair of shoes I remember you liking were those red heels hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the same! I can't stand shoes or socks. Most days at work, I kick my shoes off under my desk. In fact, I also kick them off when I'm driving! lol

    That picture of Lizzy is too funny! How cute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! That is so funny.

    I am exactly the same way! I HATE shoes/socks. I take off my shoes AS SOON as I walk in the door at our house.. usually at friends' houses too. John gets so mad at me for putting my cold toes all over him, but the cold doesn't even make me want to put on socks. And don't get me started on slippers... gross.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's hilarious that she already knows what she likes and dislikes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate being barefoot. Right now, sitting at my computer at home, not having another hour before I need to leave the house, I'm wearing shoes. Usually I have slippers, but I haven't replaced them after the move. Egh. Bare feet.

    I also hated having bare feet when I was wee, so yeah, you're probably right about Lizard's future.

    I'm gonna start doing horse and blow when I turn 70 so that I won't be around long enough to become one of the old people who glares at people whose business I don't know.

    Fucking old people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's too funny about Lizzy. I'm normally in flip flops too! And I get all kinds of weird looks when there may or may not be snow on the ground while I'm in them! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.