Monday, March 8, 2010

Letter to Lizzy- Two Months

Dear Little Miss,

This week, you will be two months old. This, of course, means that you will soon be getting a whole bunch of shots, which I am not looking forward to at all. Because we haven't been to the doctor yet, I'm not exactly sure how much you weigh, but your dad and I agree that you're probably between 9 and 10 pounds--and none of your newborn clothes fit you anymore!

IMG_6073

This month has been a lot of fun--you're trying out all sorts of expressions, including lots of smiles and laughs. And boy, do those smiles melt my heart. I know your dad feels the same way when you give him that big toothless grin: 

IMG_6014

IMG_6030

IMG_6044

You're still working on holding your head up, which you can now do pretty much all the time. Also, you really like to "stand" on everyone's legs and push yourself up and down. With a little help, you can usually roll over from your stomach to your back. You're starting to recognize your name, and will turn towards it most of the time. Finally, you're starting to get a little ticklish, and will usually grin and laugh if we tickle your feet.

On the other hand, you've also learned how to fight sleep this month, and if you figure out that we're trying to put you to sleep, you throw punches like crazy and scream your lungs out. I think it's amazing that you're already smart enough to know exactly what we're up to when we put you in the crook of our arms and start stroking in between your eyes. I also think it's pretty amazing that you already have very distinct opinions about what you want to do and when. Still, sometimes you get so exhausted that I wish you'd just give in and go to sleep. I promise that you won't miss anything too fun! And actually, judging by the expressions that you make while you're sleeping (sometimes smiling and laughing), you'd probably have much more fun sleeping than you would awake!

IMG_6007

Once you finally fall asleep, you absolutely hate to be swaddled. Even if I put you in the escape proof swaddle, you can somehow kick both your arms and your legs out. Also, even when we put you in a sleep positioner at night, you can somehow wiggle the entire sleep positioner wherever you wish. I'll often find you on the opposite end of the Pack and Play that I left you. These antics have earned you the nickname Houdini!

IMG_6130

Overall though, it's absolutely incredible how much you've grown already--both physically, and in terms of your personality (I think you may be a bit of a drama queen as you grow up, but that's okay with me for now). At Mom's Group last week, I got to see a baby that was one week old. He weighed more at birth than you did, but I honestly couldn't remember you being that small! I know that you were, but I guess that it just already seems like such a long time ago. I can't wait to see what the next month has in store sweet girl!

IMG_5983

Love forever and for always,
Your Mama

12 comments:

  1. Love all the pictures, as usual...but especially love the one with all three of you, with Lizard in the middle! Classic. She will love that when she gets older.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics and I think she's looking like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful post and even better pictures. I can't believe she's already 2 months! I'm interested to hear how much she's gained. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! She's really an active sleeper, huh? She must be a strong little girl you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lizzy-STOP GROWING UP! You need to stay a little itty bitty baby until I can see you and snuggle you in August! Love, Auntie Kait :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just keeps getting better doesn't it?? Such a pretty little lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Meredith, she is getting so big! I can't get over it. It sounds like little Lizzie is quite the wiggle worm! She is absolutely precious!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweetie! Our first little man earned the nickname houdini too, it is so funny to see some of the things they can do at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just adore the one of you guys with Lizzy in the middle. I keep seeing you in her. I can't believe she is two months! Crazy!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this idea! what a fun thing for her to have when she's older!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Gorgeous! Gorgeous! But I bet you already know that :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.