Friday, February 26, 2010

This is Nuts.

So, some of you know that J is in a Christian band along with Ryan, Renee, and Kelsey. Well technically, I'm "in the band" too, but I'm not one of the singers {I handle merch and help with advertising and booking} but that is SO not relevant to the point of this post.

There's this little town in Southern Oregon called Talent {and just for the record, if you're a crazy stalker, we don't live there}. This weekend, America's Got Talent is holding open auditions in Portland. But they're holding closed auditions in Talent tomorrow, which I'm sure is part of a segment called something like "Does Talent have talent?".

Y'all see where this is going, right?! 

The band was one of 50 acts invited to come to the closed auditions and show their stuff.

Tomorrow. At 1:45pm. Seriously....crazy.

I almost didn't post this because I didn't want to "jinx" things. But then I decided that by posting this, I can enlist prayers from y'all. Not prayers that they'll advance on to the next round, but prayers that God's Will {whatever that may be} be done in this!

15 comments:

  1. How flippin' exciting!!! Good luck Justin and everyone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! So these were your weekend plans, eh? =) I'll definitely be praying for the Lord's will for J's band!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so exciting! how cool that they were even asked to come tomorrow. i will pray, friend - that they do their best and feel totally relaxed =)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting! Good luck and enjoy the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, good luck to the band! That is an amazing opportunity no matter what the outcome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope they sing Where is your cross? That's my favorite!

    You can find them on mySpace as "Wearesecondbest"

    What a fun and exciting time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so cool! Good luck to Justin and the band!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome! I hope all goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck!

    Perhaps as an atheist, I have trouble grasping this, but if it's god's will, there's pretty much nothing you can do to change it, yeah? Because it's god, and it runs the show. Sooooo don't worry about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How awesome Mere!! good luck to your hubs and the band. I'll keep my fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so fantastic! I will say a prayer for you guys. Hope it goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.