Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Some Snippets

-I had my six week postpartum appointment yesterday. It was super fast, and didn't even involve an exam. Basically, it involved me getting a prescription for birth control. I'm trying out the Mini Pill. I was on the pill for years prior to becoming pregnant, and I think that I was late taking a pill twice. Here's hoping it doesn't turn me into a psycho crazy person. If you've had babies, what did you do for birth control after?

-I was also given the green light to work out, which I did yesterday. I didn't feel like I should jump right into the 30 Day Shred, so I did the Biggest Loser Cardio Max DVD yesterday. It felt good, but I'm not super sore today...and I like to be sore. I know I'm working out hard then! I may try 30 Day Shred today. We'll see. For now, I'm stuck with DVDs...so if you have a favorite, I'd love to hear about it!

-Lizzy is going through her 6 week growth spurt, which means that she's been exceptionally fussy lately. Sometimes she's just inconsolable--she's fed, changed, burped, being held, and still just cries. You know that song we used to sing when we were younger, "Sally and Bob sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G..."? Well, I have made up my own lyrics that I sing to Lizzy when she's a fussy butt. It goes like this:

Little Miss Lizzy sitting in a tree 
F-U-S-S-I-N-G
First comes a whimper
Then comes a cry
Then comes a scream with tears in her eyes

She's such a sweetie, and I always wish that I knew what to do for her when she gets fussy like this! I just keep telling myself that these growth spurts only last a few days and then we'll be back to normal.

-Can I request some prayers? My family is going through a pretty rough time with one of my siblings. I know that's pretty vague, but prayers for reconciliation would be really helpful.

-I'm still waiting for the band's taxes to come back so that I can do ours. I just want to get them done and out of the way! Plus, I'd really like our refund please and thanks.

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the 6 week mark - enjoy being able to work out. I thought that breastfeeding was a form of birth control (albeit not the most reliable). Is that not the case anymore?

    Thinking of you and your family - hope everything works out how it should.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had a baby, so the part of " what did you do for BC after you had a baby" does not apply. But I thought I'd throw what we do in the mix any how. We Chart through fertility friend. No pills or hormones needed. We've done this for over a year now and it works great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am also on the mini pill. I was on that before I was pregnant with Brayden, and it did so much better for me and my migraines!

    Growth spurts are no fun, but they are temporary! Love the little song too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My little one just turned one month and I started taking the mini pill also (although I just noticed that I forgot to take it yesterday, ooops). I took it also after I had both of my other girls and never had problems with it.

    I was so happy when my Dr. told me at my 4 week appointment that I'm allowed to work out again.
    For some reason breastfeeding doesn't really melt off any fat. I'm just way too hungry all the time. So I got out my "30 day shred" DVD as well but couldn't find any motivation yet.

    That's a cute song you came up with :-) Hope she is done with her growth spurt soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah! The 6 week mark, congrats! Praying for you and your family! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the song! Glad you can work out now and positive thoughts being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same way with working out. If I don't feel sore the next day, I feel like it was a waste. I only work out with 30 Day Shred and my Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2010 for Wii, so I don't have any other DVD suggestions - sorry. The Shred is my favorite. :)

    Your song is cute! :) Does it soothe her when you sing it to her?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there, I am also on the mini-pill and have missed a few already. Oops!!! I need to come up with a better way to remember, it's hard with a little one!!!! I also started working out yesterday, I needed some motivation and finally found some. Hopefully this is the start of both us getting back into shape!!! Your family is in my prayers, I am sorry to hear you are going through a rough time. I hope it's only temporary.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to spread the love that is the I.U.D. It's inserted in a regular doctor appointment and you can keep it in for up to five years. And it's 99.9% effective because human error is taken out of the equation.

    The upfront cost seems astronomical, until you calculate how much you spend a month on pills. It's actually cheaper in the long run. I was always forgetting to take my pills so this is a much better method for me, and we're not having another baby for years.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.