Saturday, February 20, 2010

Life Fail.

Friday was not the best day for me. It was one of those days where everything felt like it just kept going wrong. Here are a few of the things:

-Lizzy has recently learned how to fight sleep, which she did ALL DAY today. And she'd be so tired that she'd be screaming her head off, but I could not get her to stay asleep for the life of me! She'd finally konk out, and then wake up about a minute later. It was awesome. 

-We cannot refinance, because our loan is not owned by Freddie or Fannie, and the value of our home has dropped about $30,000, which means that we owe more than the home is worth. Awesome. We would qualify for a modification, but it would only decrease our monthly payment by $50/ month....which just doesn't seem worth the battle with B of A. I've already spent about 24 hours on the phone with B of A, and we've accomplished nothing. It's just not worth the time.

-After that, J and I stopped to grab a quick dinner. I ordered my usual, and wolfed it down. It wasn't until I was in the car on the way home that I realized that I had ordered and drank a soda with dinner. Not even a week in, and I (unintentionally) failed at my Lent commitment to give up soda.

-And lastly, we got the bill for the anesthesiologist from Lizzy's delivery. Yeah, any guesses at the cost? Over $1,000 freaking dollars, and that's AFTER insurance paid their portion. Again, that's just for the anesthesiologist. And there is apparently a 9% APR on the bill--I didn't know that was even legal. That is almost enough to make me pause and consider going natural on the next one. And then I remember the pain, and think that although this is freaking highway robbery, it's probably worth it.

16 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Mer! Don't worry about the soda/Lent thing...you can always start fresh today. I'll say a little prayer for you. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our lives are all a work in progress. No such things as failures just set backs :)

    I'll be praying that things look up for you in the next few days. Have a great weekend Mer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you drink a diet soda now, doesn't that offset drinking the regular one?

    Start fresh today and give up sodas again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! All things will work themselves out. And, I'm a firm believer that God sees your intentions and you had all good intentions. I know you feel guilty, but don't sweat the small stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought I had a bad week, but your day seems terrible. I hope it gets better for you. Were you planning on moving in the near future. If not, I wouldn't worry about not being able to refinance. It might get better.

    Have you tried swaddling Lizzy? I used to do that with babies who couldn't seem to stay asleep when I worked in a daycare with infants. It helped them fall asleep, and then about 10 min. later I would loosen the blankie and they usually stayed asleep. I don't know if it would help, but I don't have any other suggestions :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. You didn't intentionally drink the soda, right? So, isn't it like an accident??

    My sister had the same situation with her Dr. bills. She got so tired of paying their ridiculous rates that by her 3rd, she said, screw it & went natural.

    I hope that the weekend turns around for you! Going into the weekend bummed out just sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry my friend:( Hope things start to look up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm failing at lent too, in fact I have a post scheduled for tomorrow. oy! And every single hospital is over charging right now. I just got a bill for 347.00 for a visit to the OB.

    ReplyDelete
  9. My hospital bills were exactly the same as your when I had my son. Call up the billing dept and explain to them that the amount left after insurance is more than you can handle. Let them know you don't have any secondary insurance. They will usually cut you a break if you are nice. They cut my bill in half and then set up a not interest payment plan for me.
    Just explain to them what you need and they will usually help you out.
    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my GOSH about the hospital bill!! I don't think I have any bill for that coming...but HOLY CRAPPPPP....!! I would be so frustrated :( I'm sorry about the little life failures this week. Surely, next week will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are not failing at life! I hear you on the hospital bill thing though- how frustrating. Hang in there. Hoping better days are on their way.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh no. :( I'm sorry. I hope things start looking up for you soon! At least you have your sweet little girl to make you smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes being an adult just sucks.
    Hospitals bills make me sick. There were times I just wanted to cry after I had Cam because of the bills that were coming in, including the 1K bill for the epi, just like yours. I agree with Heather- call them and ask them that it's more than you can handle financially right now. If that doesn't work, write a letter.
    Take a deep breath!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, sorry you had a bad day yesterday. Can't be two in a row, though, right?

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry you had a bad day! That is never any fun. And stuff happens, the soda/lent thing, it's ok you can just try again. No harm in doing so. I'm hating all banks right now because we cannot refinance either, it's a shame...

    Praying that things start looking up for you and that Lizzie starts sleeping more! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh hon, that's not failing. That's just really sh*tty stuff all happening at the same time.

    We had the same problem with refinancing our home. Let me just tell you that we do have a fannie mae loan and after hours of talking to unhelpful people on the phone they were still unable to get us a lower mortgage payment. Anyway, our house is up for sale now so it doesn't matter but it still pisses me off when I think about it.

    Hope you have a better week this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.