Thursday, February 25, 2010

Executive Decision

Photobucket

A lot of you said you'd be interested in doing the 12 Weeks to Better Photography tutorials, and I'm really excited about it! This is a great opportunity to learn, encourage each other, and give constructive criticism. I know that at least some of the tutorials talk about using a point and shoot camera, so I don't think it's necessary to have a DSLR to participate. I'm not sure if every challenge can be done without a DSLR, but I know that at least some of them can be done without one. 

Here's the deal....

1. Let's make Tuesday the designated day to share our progress on the assignments. We'll start this next Tuesday March 2nd with our pictures from the first lesson, which can be found here.

2. Each Tuesday, I'll give a brief summary of the tutorial, and share my pictures. Then I'll add a McLinky to the bottom of each post. Post your picture assignments on your blog, and then add the url to that post (not your blog in general) to the McLinky. Feel free to steal the "12 Weeks" badge above for your posts.

3. Please also take the time to visit the blogs of others who have participated, and leave comments, pointers, constructive criticism, etc.

10 comments:

  1. Cool, I hope I can keep it together and post 'em on Tuesdays. This should be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited this worked out! I'll be waiting for Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited! I just read lesson 1! I don't know a thing about photo editting... So I'll be posting the originals. Maybe I can learn some editting after this 12 week adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I really need to learn how to use my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All right...I'll give this a try with my 5 year old P&S. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK--so I just read the first lesson. I definitley do not have an aperture setting on my camera--but I will post pictures Tuesday anyway! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like fun Mere! I'll give it a go! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So funny... I just ran across the 12 week program yesterday while I was at work and decided to start it this week! So imagine my excitement when I saw your post... sweet! Thanks for heading this up! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.