Friday, February 5, 2010

Enjoy the Humor of the Situation....

Bonus points for anyone who can tell me where the title of this post comes from!

Anyway, I'm excited that I can now add this button to the blog:

The DIY Show Off

Our Nursery was featured on Roeshel's DIY Show Off blog today! Seriously?! I know that I've said it before, but I was just NOT a crafty person or talented in decorating prior to being pregnant...so the fact that not only did the nursery turn out how I thought (thanks to lots of help from Renee and Justin), but that other people actually like it  [they like me, they really like me!], still kind of boggles my mind.

Anyway, here's the funny part of the whole deal--we rushed and rushed to get the nursery finished before Lizzy arrived....but since she was born, I think she's spent all of a half hour in the nursery, lol! I will say that on the few occasions when I've laid her in the crib, she's quieted right down and just looks at everything. Maybe she likes the contrast between the white crib and the blue walls?

So yeah, Lizzy hasn't used the nursery, and it's become a holding tank for all the gear that we've been given since she was born....I really need to find a way to organize it all!

11 comments:

  1. Congrats!! That's so exciting!! :) If we're ever blessed with children and if we ever own a home, and if we ever have a little girl, I'm totally stealing this color scheme :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I saw that you were featured earlier and thought that it was pretty cool. I love your nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love barenaked ladies, they were the first band I ever saw live!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool - but your nursery is fabulous so you deserve the recognition!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your nursery! John still talks about the Bob Marley song lyrics you put on the wall. He's insisting that we do the same one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, I can totally relate to this. I do BF Isaac in the nursery pretty often, but he's never slept in there. Oh well...I enjoy looking at it!

    And congrats on making it to her blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO impressed with you :) Her nursery IS to die for...I am thinking that I'll submit my pictures after, too :) We'llllll see! It's totally not done, though, so who knows.

    Great job, again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally deserve to be showcased! I showed pics of your nursery to everyone in my office...it's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! Your nursery is adorable and fun and it definitely is a well deserved honor!

    xo,
    Sherry (& John)

    p.s. Smooch that cute baby girl of yours for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. congrats. i do love your nursery

    ReplyDelete
  11. You totally rocked the nursery, congrats to making into their blog. I also tagged you with an award on my blog. check out the details!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.