Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Snippets

-Monday was officially my last day of work!!! 

-Yesterday, I did absolutely none of the things that I should have (i.e. laundry, cleaning, cooking) and instead lounged around and created the new blog layout. After a sleepless night last night, today hasn't been much better. I slept until 11am--I don't know WHEN the last time that happened was!

-I also worked on a 101 in 1001 list. I have a few more goals to go, but I want to think about it for a few days. I also want to put some goals that have to do with Lizzy on the list, but I am weirdly superstitious about doing so before she is born.

-Last night, Justin banished me from the kitchen so that he could cook eggs. The smell still makes me throw up. So I was hanging in the living room, and I kept mentioning that it didn't smell like he was making eggs--it smelled like brownies. Justin told me that I was crazy. After awhile, I agreed, and admitted that it was probably just that I really WANTED brownies. Justin finished his egg-cooking and came to sit down and watch Dexter with me. Several hours later, he went into the kitchen and came back with a plate of brownies! Turned out he had been making them, but was trying to throw me off the trail. What a stinker and a sweetheart all at once! The sweetheart definitely wins out though.

-I have a doctor appointment this afternoon. I know this is totally unrealistic and not going to happen, but I kinda have a fantasy about how this appointment will go. See, while getting my allergy shot this week, I read an article in one of their magazines talking about a small population of women who don't experience any pain during labor until it's time to push. Yeah, where do I sign up for THAT?! So anyway, in my little fantasy doctor's appointment, we head in, and he does an internal, looks and me and says, "Um, you're dilated to a 6. You're contracting, but just must not be feeling it--you'll have this baby today!" I know, it isn't going to happen. But it's been a nice recurring dream and daydream this past week!

13 comments:

  1. I like the new layout! That was so sweet of Justin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new layout! What a sweet hubby you have! I'm hopping that the fantasy doctors appt comes true for you! :-) Everyday I have to check my reader to see if you've posted about little Lizzy being born! Best wishes to you, all 3 of you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new layout! Brownies sound delicious right now, tell Justin my thighs aren't thanking him! I'm crossing my fingers for your dream to come true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the new layout! i am sure you are enjoying being home! Lizzy will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay for no more work and you totally deserve a couple days of doing nothing! Justin is a sweetie and LOL at your fantasy. I totally have those too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, you are funny!
    My SIL had her baby last night. She headed in around 7, and had the baby by 8:30. How's that for active labor!? (much unlike my 48 hour labor process, LOL.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cuteness with the brownies. I would have complained about not recieving a nice, hot, right out of the oven brownie though. Those are my favorites. Ummm, can you sign me up for the no pain thing as well (for a much future date)? My SIL slept through labor both times. Woke up in a puddle and both times rushed to the hospital and had the baby within 30 minutes. That's how I'd like to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the layout and your fantasy! Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the new layout! How did you do that?

    What a great hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am in love with your new look! It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mer,
    i am checking your site like a stalker, eager for baby news!! =) how was your appointment today?

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a sweetie!!

    and i am weirdly superstitious about stuff like that too!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the new layout and I'm jealous of Justin baking you brownies! Hope your doc appt goes well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.