Monday, November 16, 2009


I took this picture of Justin over the weekend while he and one of our nieces were watching the movie Up just after the soup swap ended. It's not a particularly great picture as far as composition and lighting go, but it's one of my favorite pictures of him to date because of his expression--he was laughing so hard at this silly animated movie. It's just so genuinely Justin. I also love the little baby doll hanging out next to him on the couch!

Justin was just making me swoon in general on Saturday--he was so helpful with cleaning, setting up, and helping out with the swap. And at one point during the swap, I overheard him do such a dad thing that it kinda made my heart melt. At some point, someone made some comment about hating something--probably some vegetable or something to that effect. Our niece Shelby (she's 4) basically responded that hate was a "bad word" and that they shouldn't say it. Justin responded something like, "You're right Shelbers, it's not very nice to say that we hate something. What could we say instead of 'hate' when we really don't like something?" Then he and Shelby talked for awhile about other ways to say that we don't like something besides using the word "hate". It was a small thing, but it was just adorable watching J interact with her. He's going to be a great dad.

Hope you all had a good weekend! I was seriously hoping for a snow day this morning, but no such luck!

9 comments:

  1. I love moments like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A snow day in Texas? When I first saw the picture, I thought he was practicing and that doll was supposed to be Lizard. Looks like he's ready to be a daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in no way hitting on Justin here, but laughing like that, gut busting, uncontrolled laughter--that is, to me, one of the sexiest things. I can't help but smile just thinking about it.

    P.S. Texas?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why did I think you were in Texas? Maybe because Faith is (I think!!!), sorry about that mix-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want snow. If it's gonna be cold here, at least I should be compensated with snow. Seems fair, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture!! Such a sweet moment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww. That IS a "dad" conversation! :) So sweet.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.