Monday, November 23, 2009

A few things...

I really want some of this, which the Haagen Dazs website says is available from September through December. However, I have not been able to find it ANYWHERE, and boy have I looked! Peppermint, chocolate, and ice cream together are my serious weakness. My only other option to satisfy this craving would be Dairy Queen's Chocolate Peppermint blizzard, but I can guarantee that won't be available until next month. C'mon people....help a pregnant lady out!


I read Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas last night. I believe it was one of the books that you faithful blog readers suggested that I check out. It's not a book that I would have normally picked for myself, but it was available on Paperback Swap, and so I got it. It wasn't bad. A fast read nonetheless. There's something awfully rewarding about completing an entire book in an evening! Overall though, I did find the book pretty darn predictable. And again, I felt like it just kind of ended. Even after reading the diary, I wasn't buying that Katie would completely forgive Matt THAT quickly.

In other news, I've been having a hard week. Last Thursday, I started having contractions. Not Braxton Hicks contractions, but the real deal. It turns out that I was a) dehydrated, b) hadn't been getting enough sleep, and c) doing too much. Thankfully, they've stopped, but there were a few days there of being uncomfortable and in pain all.the.time. The not-getting-enough-sleep part was not surprising, as for the past week and a half or so, I've probably been averaging 3 and a half hours of sleep a night. And that just isn't cutting it when I'm still working. Last night, I broke down and took some Benadryl. I'm still exhausted. I just keep reminding myself that I only have 1.5 days of work this week (though I do need to work a longer-than-usual day today), and I can do that. Then I have 5 days off, which is a MUCH needed break! I'm hoping that will help improve my mood a bit.

We went to see New Moon over the weekend. I liked it much better than the first movie, probably because I'd much rather stare at Jacob for 2 hours than Edward. Definitely Team Jacob here. However, actually going to the movie was a PITA. We had tickets, and admittedly arrived later than we should. We both kept trying to sit in the available seats, and people would say, "Sorry, this seat's taken." Which happened with every empty seat in the theater. Okay, we have tickets for the showing, I know not EVERY seat is taken, you just want a seat for your damn coats. We ended up having to switch to another showing because everyone SWORE the empty seats were actually taken. So, we made it to the next showing, and ended up with a one year old next to us. The parents refused to take him out of the theater when he cried, and even changed his diaper in the theater. No joke. Look, I don't mind if parents take babies to the movies, but for god sake, if they're screaming bloody murder, take them out of the theater!

Hope y'all had a good weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Wow, you're kidding me with the 1 year old. Glad you're feeling better, good luck surviving the week and then enjoy the break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Babies should not be in theaters. Shit's noisy and it's not like they're enjoying the plot or anything, so why inflict them upon the rest of the audience?

    New Moon demonstrates (again) that quality and success don't necessarily have a thing to do with each other in America. Not that I'm bitter. Just that HOLY CRAP HOW DO SUCH POORLY WRITTEN AND MISOGYNISTIC BOOKS SELL SO MANY COPIES??!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I would be pissed! I agree that Suzanne's Diary...was predictable but there is a twist at the end that I didn't see coming. I read it like 3 years ago tough.

    Boo! I'm on Team Edward! While, Jacob is nice to look at, he drives me CRAZY in the book!!! I haven't seen the movie yet, saving that for this weekend (hopefully).

    I can't believe that family! Seriously!!! I would be so pissed and I would have totally said something. Someone here took their 3 year old to see Stepfather-totally NOT appropriate for a 3 year old. Some people are so RUDE!!!

    I hope you get to feeling better and enjoy your Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Babies should not be in theaters, no way. I would never take Brayden to the movies with me, ever. OR CHANGE HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE. How incredibly rude.

    I hope your break helps you feel MUCH better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw New Moon yesterday and totally agree that it was better than the first. Jacob is so H-O-T!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really hope you get to feeling much better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cravings are terrible! Terrible I tell you! I am not a fan of fast food.... but when it comes to being preggo... I know in an instant because I LOVE fast food! BOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bluebell makes a peppermint ice cream that is really good. Maybe that will be able to hold you over! I still have not seen New Moon and am really hoping I get to soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also read Suzanne's Diary in one night. I thought it was really good, but also predictable. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling well friend, I hope you're able to rest a ton over the long weekend! :) And that's RIDICULOUS about the baby in the movie. Ugh! So frustrating!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.