Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Blessed!

The last few days have been hard for me (see tomorrow's pregnancy post for why), and darn near anything can make me cry lately. But my sweet, sweet, darling husband made my day today. He came home from work, and we both petered around making dinner and what not, when suddenly he popped out a little box wrapped in a brown paper bag with a message that said:

To My Mere-Mere: I hope you like it and aren't mad at me for it, but I wanted you to have it now and not later. I love you, Justin.

Inside the little brown box was:



Yep, that's right...the 50 mm f/1.8 camera lens that has been topping my Christmas list for awhile!!!! *Squeeeeeee* I can't wait to test it out!

For the record, J thought I might be mad because he told me that I should buy it for myself last week, but I told him NO...that we had bills we need to pay and a savings account to replenish after paying off our fridge this month, and that it could definitely wait until a Christmas bonus or tax return. Nevertheless...how could I possibly be mad at my sweet thoughtful husband for this?!

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful husband!! :)

    PS I was just about to ask you about your camera. I'm looking into getting a DSLR. My had has a Cannon SLR, not digital, and I was wondering if I got a Cannon DSLR if I would be able to use his lens. Do you know if that would work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful husband you have! that lens will help to take some amazing pictures of your little bean!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh joy! I am so happy for you!!! I can't wait to see what you do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job Justin! So so thoughtful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is awesome. what kind of camera do you use? i have a canon rebel xti and want a new lens...any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazing husband!! YAY!! I'm so glad he did this for you at a time when you needed it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. O! You lucky bum! :-) How exciting for yoU! I'll be looking for pictures that you used it on now! :-) Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, you can't be upset with him, you just can't! :) That is a need with a baby if there ever was one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Uh oh. I do believe something has been added to MY Christmas list! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.