Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Laugh Much.


Head over to Marital-Bless to check out more Wedded Wednesday bloggers.


"There is nothing like the deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons. It was that good." -The Perks of Being a Wallflower

When was the last time that you and your husband or wife just laughed? Not a little giggle. Not the hah-that's-funny-now-let-me-get-back-to-blogging kind. The oh-my-god-I-am-going-to-pee-my-pants type of laughing. When was the last time?

It's not nearly enough for us. Which is funny, because it was A LOT while we were dating. But I was reminded last night, after we both just started absolutely cracking up at something, just how important it is to take time out of our booked schedules just for some child-like fun. To forget the dishes or the laundry for a little while. Sometimes, you fall into this cycle of work, cooking dinner, doing dishes, laundry, fixing something around the house, church, visiting family, rinse, repeat. Even if those things are actually enjoyable, they become so repetitious that they're just NOT enjoyable anymore. And neither is the marriage.

So....yeah. This post today isn't terribly profound--just an encouragement that taking time just to have fun and to laugh can be such a positive thing!

5 comments:

  1. It's sooo true Mer! Tony and I have always enjoyed each other's company, but I think I've always made him laugh more than he me. Until the last couple of weeks! He's been hilarious with his one liners. It's awesome to just sit back and know that I can find my hubs so humorous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is very important too! I think Jacob is the funniest guy. He can make me laugh so hard...and most of the time he's not even trying to be funny.

    My favorite times when we crack up are when we are both lying in bed and talking about the silliest things and are both just cracking up. Like the other night -- we started talking to each other in Pig Latin and were both laughing uncontrollably.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE laughing and listening to Matt laugh. I think maybe I'll go home and ham it up tonight so I can hear it. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The other night, Brandon did something absolutely hilarious, and we both just about died laughing. It felt SO great and we both commented on how we need to laugh like that much more often. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really is there anything quite as cleansing as a good hard laugh that leaves you feeling like you've had an incredible ab workout? They're my favorite. Growing up my dad was always the one who could make me laugh harder than anyone else. Since getting married, the hubby and I definitely try to make sure we're laughing together as it draws us so much closer to each other.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.