Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sunday Song

It's been quite awhile since I've done a Sunday Song, hasn't it? Well, the funny thing about music is that Justin is just getting into some of the bands that I listened to a LOT in high school, like Audioslave, Dispatch, Soundgarden, Shinedown, and Blues Travleler. The great thing about it is that I'm finding new favorites in a lot of these groups.

Today's Sunday Song comes from Blues Traveler--not only did they have a lot of really catchy songs, but they are EXCELLENT musicians. John Popper solos like crazy on the harmonica, then goes right into the verse like it's no biggie at all. The song is one of their more popular songs, called "Hook". It cracks me up, because I listened to this song A LOT...but I always thought the lyrics were "the heart brings you back". It wasn't til I heard Justin sing it that I realized it's actually, "the hook brings you back." Gotta love those misheard lyrics!

2 comments:

  1. I took the style quiz at http://www.homegoods.com/hghq_quiz.asp. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really sounds like 'heart' not 'hook'. Don't feel bad about that one! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.