Monday, August 3, 2009

Snippets

-The wedding this weekend was beautiful. I haven't talked much about Justin's sister Karla on this blog, because her story is pretty personal, and isn't really my place to share. Suffice to say, she's been through a hell of a lot these past two years, and I'm so excited for her--this is a great blessing! She and James have a great partnership, and I love watching the two of them with their daughter Shelby. I also can't WAIT to see the pictures that Jon, Bev, and Kait took at the wedding. From the few that Kaitlin showed me, they did a fantastic job taking pictures in a pretty hard location. The bride and groom left the wedding on inner tubes behind the boat (in their wedding clothes!), and I know those pictures are going to be hilarious as well.

-Later that night however, it started pouring down rain. I have NO desire to camp in the rain, and it was cold, wet, and pretty miserable for me. I really didn't sleep much either, even though Jon & Bev had lent me a foam pad to sleep on. But, I'm hardly sleeping at home on my bed, so I didn't expect that I'd sleep on the ground much anyway. I kept waking up on my back, which is annoying since I'm really supposed to be on my side. I always used to sleep on my side, I don't know why I can't now!

-Next doctor's appointment is this Tuesday. I am incredibly nervous. I'm always afraid they're going to give me terrible news.

-Justin had a GREAT paycheck from last month when he was working out of town. We're talking almost double what we normally receive. It almost makes him being gone worth it. Now we just need to try and be smart about our money this month, and pay down some debt!

-My momma picked up a copy of The Time Traveler's Wife for me at the used book store. I'm excited to have something to read next week!

-WOOO! Two-day work week for me!

6 comments:

  1. The Time Travelers Wife is such a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am reading the Time Traveler's Wife too! I am sucked in, hook line and sinker! I think you will really like it. Good timing with the movie coming out huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Time Traveler's Wife. It's so good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a former Boy Scout in Washington state, I pretty much live to camp in the rain. Pansy.

    I feel like I should say something about The Time Traveler's Wife, since everyone else did, but I haven't read it, so... enjoy...?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's ok, I understand! You can go to:

    http://www.eyeslipsface.com

    It's very inexpensive and works for some people. Happy shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ughh--doctors appointments always scare me (probably b/c we had a miscarriage recently and it was the WORST doctor experience EVER)...

    Good luck and I am SURE everything will be amazing!

    cute blog!

    xox
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.