Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Summer Honey Butter

*Disclaimer---I KNOW this recipe is terrible for you, and really has no nutritional value, but it is SO GOOD, and I remember it being a summer staple when I was growing up. The sweet honey coupled with the tangy spices make this butter absolutely perfect for corn on the cob, or to top freshly baked sourdough bread. I know, I was hesitant the first time I tried it too (granted, I was probably 2), but now I'm hooked!

Honey Butter
2/3 Cups butter, softened
2 tablespoons honey
1 1/2 T. lemon pepper
1 tsp. seasoned salt (Johnny's or Lawry's)

Combine all ingredients well, and store in airtight container in the fridge. For what it's worth, I don't store mine in the fridge, but just leave it covered on the counter unless it's supposed to be 100 degrees or something.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE honey butter.. especially on corn bread. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, i could eat honey butter by the spoonful. Yum yum yum.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.