Thursday, July 16, 2009

Pregnancy Post: Week 14

Okay, so due to popular demand, here's the first of my pregnancy posts! Now, depending on how you look at it, I'm either 14 weeks today, or 14 weeks, 6 days. I've decided that I'd rather be pleasantly surprised by delivering before the date that my doctor has selected, rather than be disappointed by going an extra week or two by overestimating.

Anyway, right now my "belly shots" don't really look like a "belly"--it just looks like I'm getting chubby. Oh well.


In terms of the baby, it's now about the size of a lemon.

BabyCenter says that in terms of the baby itself, this week's big developments are: Your baby can now squint, frown, grimace, pee, and possibly suck his thumb! Thanks to brain impulses, his facial muscles are getting a workout as his tiny features form one expression after another. His kidneys are producing urine, which he releases into the amniotic fluid around him — a process he'll keep up until birth.

As far as I go, I've still been feeling a bit nauseous. The one thing that's seemed absolutely disgusting to me is water, which of course I need lots of. I'm still a little exhausted, and I'm having difficulty motivating myself to do the household chores. I still feel like I can't possibly sleep enough hours in a day. I've also experienced hardcore heartburn for the first time in my life--I thought I had it before, but oh no. And as I mentioned, ice cream particularly sets the heartburn off. Bummer. I'm also noticing that I'm really not hungry but once a day, and I'm really having to force myself to eat. I'm just trying to eat when I'm hungry, and not worry too much about eating a full MEAL when I'm not hungry. And at my last doctor's appointment, I had gained 1.8 pounds.

In the next week, I need to get back into the swing of working out. Due to the hardcore, constant nausea, that fell away at about week 8. I do want to get back into it though. I also need to really start thinking about plans for once the baby is born, because as I learned today, due to my history of allergies, I'm essentially uninsurable in private health insurance.

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to do this. :)

    I can totally relate on the working out front. I did great for about two weeks when I was feeling good...but no longer. :( Hopefully I'll get back on the bandwagon soon.

    And you look great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I think you look good! I am just waiting for this constant nausea to fall away for me...it's terrible! I can hardly make it through work! They let me take naps in the back on my lunch break though :P ha...ha...
    week 8- that would be so awesome! I know everyone is different though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sucks about the insurance, those companies are so hard to deal with! Have you tried those Crystal Light packs you put in your water bottle, may make the water taste better to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool post! I find them interesting, anyhow. I find it funny that your baby can now make old man faces.

    You can't get insurance because you have REALLY BAD ALLERGIES???? Fortunately, your taxpayer dollars can still buy almost 200 stealth jets with which to fight the Soviets. What a great country.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look so good hun! Sounds like you've got the right approach and are staying sane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.