Monday, March 2, 2009

Mission (Almost) Accomplished.

1. Work Out. Yeah baby! Although, being an ex-rower I have such a hard time pounding away on the elliptical and watching the trainers at my local gym instruct people INCORRECTLY how to use the rowing machine. I offered the lady at the front desk to give a demo on how to use the rowing machines properly since they way they're teaching is setting people up for serious injuries, but she looked at me like I had three heads.

2. Target: New sheets, and looking for a few additional seeds. New iPod connector cord (mine got lost in the move). Maybe some organizational things. Okay so I forgot the iPod connector, and accidentally grabbed a flat sheet instead of a fitted sheet. But that's okay 'cause I have to go back tomorrow to get the new Jodi Picoult book anyway.

3. About 8 loads worth of laundry. -I only accomplished one.

4. My spare bedroom needs a SERIOUS organize and clean. -I cleaned almost the entire house, but just didn't get there.

5. Impossibly Easy Cheeseburger Pie--Justin's dinner request.

6. Check out fabric for a possible do-it-myself headboard a la Emily at Imperfect. I found some remnants for less than $2/yard that I think will work!

7. Meet up with Renee (if kids are feeling better) to re-do fliers for the band's concert next Friday. Done and done.

Okay, so I must confess--I probably could have gotten more laundry and cleaning done, but a significant portion of my day was spent reading the latest book that's caught my eye:

It's really very eye-catching so far--though a bit more sexually explicit than I would have anticipated for a fictional book that's based loosely around the life of Laura Bush. However, not being a particularly big fan of any of the Bushes, I find it more fascinating than insulting, as others have commented. As this book suggests, I suspect the Bush family as a whole is a much more interesting and complicated person than their public personas suggest.

1 comment:

  1. I read an interview of the author of American Wife once upon a time and have wanted to read it ever since.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.