Monday, March 9, 2009

Goings On...

-I'm doing pretty good on my March goals so far. I've got my spare bedroom almost completely cleaned out. I have a plan for that room, that may or may not include bright turquoise paint.... and white accents. It's pretty bold, but I've always wanted a room that color. We may have to wait until we have some money for that plan to come to fruition though.

Other than that, my goals are going well...yay for vitamins and working out every day! The vitamins especially have been a huge help.

-I'm excited for the crockpot BBQ pulled pork that we're having for dinner tonight. Seriously folks, it's the easiest recipe ever. Slice an onion, put it in the bottom of a crock pot. Put a 4 pound pork roast (rubbed with salt and pepper) on the onions. Pour 1 cup of ginger ale over the roast. Cook on low for 10-12 hours. Remove the roast onto a large cutting board and dump out everything in the crock (you can strain to keep the onions if you want). Use two forks to shred the pork. Return to crock. Add in at least a bottle of your favorite BBQ sauce and cook for another 1-2 hours. At this point I also usually add some spices--typically a mix of cayanee, chili powder, and garlic powder. Tonight I might try adding a few red pepper flakes for an extra bit of kick. So easy, and so good. Leftovers freeze super easily.

-In honor of "Not Me Mondays", it was most definitely NOT ME who found two bags of clothing she had completely forgotten about in the garage last night. And it was definitely NOT ME who left them there because both of her two closets are full and so is the laundry room. And it's absolutely certainly NOT ME who still feels like she has nothing to wear.

-I feel like I should be doing more cleaning right now, but after I work out, I think I might just take part of a "me" day and relax. I'm dying to finish American Wife so that I can start on Jodi Picoult's new book.

6 comments:

  1. I would love a crock pot. So much goodness can happen in one of those babies. I want to try your recipe, I think Lars would be a big fan! He really loves ribs. . .

    Not me Mondays? Something I should know about? I kinda like the sound of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah--I also think that your room sounds awesome! Glad you are thinking of going bold! ;) Lots of white furniture and simple, light bedding will work it all out...YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH and one more thing! I am not sure what kinds of plans you had for that awesome picture of you and J holding the sand dollar, but I think it would look pretty sweet over the bed (or on the wall opposite)...and you can do a bit of a beachy theme in that room? Or the bathroom maybe?? Just a thought! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see your teal room- sounds awesome to me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, the pulled pork sounds great. We have a turquoise-ish room (a bit darker than traditional turquoise) and it is my favorite in the house...I say go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.