Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Bad News Bears

I got an urgent call from Justin in the middle of the day today, which is never a good thing. He's going to Washington again next week which is crappy for more reasons than I can list...the job should only take 3 or 4 days...so will they send him up during the week so that he'll be home for the weekend? Nope. They're going to wait until Friday the 13th to send him up, and he'll have to work all weekend...which also means that he'll be missing the upcoming concert that the band has scheduled on the 13th. I am so over this traveling crap...and also means that I won't really get to see him until the FOLLOWING weekend.

The ONLY good news in all of this is that they may open the apprentice-ship back up (they haven't accepted new apprentices for over a year due to the economy). But that could also be bad for a number of reasons...like Justin could end up working for a different company altogether, which could technically pay him MUCH less than he's making now (basically, all the apprentices are thrown into a ranked pool, and whichever plumbing company needs an apprentice must take the guy in the number 1 slot. The company typically tries to strike deals with the other companies to get "their" guys back, but it's never a sure thing). Fun all the way around with J's job! At least he has one...

3 comments:

  1. Aww, I am sorry you are going to be seperated for a bit in the next while~ At least you have a perfect excuse to cuddle up and watch a ton of chick flix!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry he has to leave again. He is an apprentice for plumbing? My dad was an apprentice as an electrician for awhile- but I don't know much about it because I was so young. I hope it gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like how you slipped in there 'at least he has one at the end'. It was unnecessary---we know that you are grateful he has one, so feel free to just go ahead and vent. ;) It sucks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.