Thursday, March 26, 2009

Babies!

One of my friends and I frequently chat about our lives and our faith. Just last week, I was telling her that I have been having baby fever for quite some time that just doesn't seem to go away. She commented that maybe it isn't so much "baby fever" as it is God telling me that it's okay to think about having kids. I told her that I'm just having a hard time because things don't add up on paper--I worry about how we'll be able to pay the bills. She encouraged me that God will provide all that I need (maybe not all that I WANT, but all that I NEED).

We talked a bit about Psalms 145: 14-16, which says, "The Lord helps the fallen and lifts those bent beneath their loads. The eyes of all look to you in hope; you give them their food as they need it. When you open your hand, you satisfy the hunger and thirst of every living thing" (NLT).

She and I then talked about how presumptuous we are that we often think that as soon as we go off birth control pills, we'll get pregnant. We aren't the ones in control here--for the most part, we can't just say, 'I will conceive on March 31st, 2009.' In fact, my friend and her husband have been trying for some time to conceive and haven't been successful. She gave me some good things to think and pray about, and I've been thinking about this more and more lately, and I think I'm slowly moving in the direction of feeling like I might be as ready as I'll ever be to have children.

And today, my friend told me that she found out on Tuesday that she's pregnant!!!

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your co-worker!

    And congratulations to you . . . for getting ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) You will both make fabulous parents! Whenever you decide to have children!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY I am excited for you...J should be thrilled.

    Also, your blog looks better than ever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know worrying about the bills is a sensible and natural concern to have, but your coworker is right, God will take care of you and your family! Honestly, there will probably never be a "perfect" or "right" time to have a child, things always come up. Just trust in the Lord. You guys will make great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to your coworker! I got goosebumps for her when I read that last line. And I'm super excited for your baby-ready attitude. You'll make a fabulous mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I could help you make your decision because you know what I would say, but I can't. I do know that no matter when you have a baby God is still in control, in the best and worst times. And remember when you get pregnant you still have another 9 1/2 to 10 months before the child is here. I pray that you have peace about having a baby because I don't want it to be stressful for you. It is a gift from God that all people don't get to experience. Once you see your child in your arms helpless, it's then you will know the love of God in a way you have never experienced. I love you mere and I know you and Justin are going to be great parents blessed with God grace everyday. And when you need a hand, I will always be there.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.