Monday, February 2, 2009

Typing Out Loud

- Woke up in the middle of the night to hear hubby puking his guts out. I finally convinced him to call in sick...not sure if it's the flu, or if he ate too much of the wonderful Superbowl food yesterday. My tummy is a little squeamish now too, but I'm the type of person that throws up just because I saw/smelled someone else throw up.

-This morning, my computer wouldn't turn on. At all. I was dreading calling Dell Tech Support, but they were awesome! Turns out it's a memory card AND a memory card reader problem. Once we isolated which ones weren't working, we were able to stick the working card into the working reader, which was a lifesaver. So, although I'm running using like 80% of my memory for the next couple of days, the tech guy should be out at the house here in 2-3 business days. Now getting the time off work will be the problem. Maybe he'll agree to come next Monday.


-We are thinking about making the road trip up to P-town to the nearest Ikea to get this flooring (it's the Tundra line). However, I'm a little nervous because I've never been to Ikea and I've never seen the flooring in person. I've heard from some that the quality is crap, but some people think Costco's quality is crap, and I've never had a problem with their laminate. I don't know...I'm not really sure that I love this color...I just don't know.

- I found a pair of jeans yesterday at Wal-Mart of all places that I loved. Tried on a pair, and then I decided that I wanted the jeans in a different wash. So I bought the same brand, same style, same size jeans in another wash. Got home...they don't fit. Not even close. Has anyone else noticed that this seems to be happening more and more? Not just at Wally world, but I've also had it happen at Old Navy, Gap, and Target recently. Drives. Me. Nuts, especially since I have to order a lot of my clothes online since I'm so tall.

-Off to search for a rug and possibly a flat screen. I think we've got our living room almost how we want it, save the wood floors. The arrangement that we wanted didn't work at all. I'm not loving the current arrangement because it just feels a little cramped, but I guess that I need to think of it as COZY rather than cramped. And there is so much more seating.

5 comments:

  1. I have seen that flooring at Ikea. It looks decent but I am not sure about the quality. A lot of people think their stuff is crap, but I haven't had any problems with any of the things I have purchased there.

    And about the jeans...I have that same problem all the time too. I used to buy Gaps long and leans and figured I didn't need to try on the jeans if I was just getting a different wash. Wrong! I have a pair that is absolutely way too big on me even though it's the same size of the pair that fits just right. So frustrating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got the same problem with clothes. Someone told me once that when they cut jeans in a factory they do a whole stack at once, so the size 8s on the top of the stack are smaller than the size 8s at the bottom of the stack. Ever since then I try on 3 pairs of the same size to make sure I like the fit. A fellow tall girl feels your pain. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Ikea. It's the bomb-diggity. Although they always design the store so it's a maze you have to walk through (follow the yellow-brick road!) instead of a regular store where you can easily skip to the section you want. Tricksy Swedes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love Ikea. I will say though, similar to the jean fiasco, it is possible to get your item slightly out of shape. I would say that it is probably worth the risk...especially since the price is right.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is crazy that people conceiving this month aren't due until November, huh? Thanks for the well wishes. Here's the recipe I use for the bread: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/French-Bread/Detail.aspx. Just a warning, it is not a bread machine recipe, it's all man power. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.