Thursday, February 12, 2009

Snippets

So, I love me some Top Chef. I think that I've watched all 5 seasons, and
sadly, the cheftestant that I wanted to win has only won once (Harold). I have a feeling that the dapper young gentleman that I love this time (Fabio), probably won't win this year's competition, but he's certainly my favorite.

Really, cooking...when I have TIME to cook is one of my favorite things in the world. I would absolutely love to be in a position to not have to work, and to be able to cook home-cooked meals from scratch every day. They just taste better, and I just FEEL better after eating them. What's really neat about Fabio is that I really COULD cook some of his dishes at home. Sure, he knows molecular gastronomy, but most of the stuff he ends up cooking is just simple, good food....which is my kind of food.

PS- J loved the taco soup...he definitely couldn't tell the difference between ground beef and ground turkey ("Ohhh YES! It has ground beef in it!").

My allergies are absolutely terrible lately. You know that Claritin commercial where she talks about being in a fog? Yeah, that's me for the past week...along with killer headaches due to the changes in the barometric pressure. All I want to do is come home and sleep. Alas, I have to work late again tonight. Boo and hiss.

What are y'all doing for Valentine's Day this year? I know a lot of people don't really celebrate it, but I LOVE V-Day. Justin didn't do a DAMN thing the first year we were dating (not even a card). Really, all I need to be happy is a card, and maybe some Tart Hearts. I know it's a silly made up holiday, but I like those grand gestures, and they don't happen any other time, so I take what I can get. This year, I'm hoping for a kitten (doubtful).

2 comments:

  1. Lars didn't do anything for our first VDay either, which was a bit of a bummer for me because it was my first one in a relationship! But he really has an excuse...it is not really that big of a deal (hardly celebrated here)...although I will say that it is becoming more and more popular. And then again, I didn't really expect much since we were worlds apart.

    This year...well I will keep you posted. We haven't made any plans though!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're staying in for VDay. It IS the 5th anniversary of us getting engaged so I'm being cheesy and making lasagna, like I did then. We don't normally celebrate it though. Just cards, no gifts.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.