Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Liar Liar

Sooo...hubby and I lied a little by omission tonight. I really don't like doing it, and feel a little bad.

Last weekend (as y'all know), we went to the warehouse store that shall remain nameless because they were having a manufacturer's rebate of $8 off a box. But they only had 6 boxes, and we needed like 20. They told us that there was no more coming. I found out today (as y'all know) that they actually received a shipment today. The manufacturer's rebate no longer applied...but I happen to know that starting next Monday they go to $8 off again via coupon. But like I said, we wanted to do it this weekend. We asked a manager if we purchased today, if they would honor the coupon price if I came in on Monday. The guy said that he couldn't promote doing that, but if we did, "they'd take care of us" (in a whisper).

We decided to buy today and take our chances--we were fully okay with the possibility of not getting a refund for the extra $160. As we were checking out, one of the cashiers said, "Wait, I think this goes on sale on Monday." We knew it was going on sale, but didn't say anything. He asked a couple of other cashiers and they said that they didn't think it was going on sale. So we checked out, and were loading up our car when the cashier came running out and said, "I'm glad I found you! It does go on sale on Monday! Come with me!"

J kept loading the boxes into the car. I went along with it and followed the guy to the customer service desk. He told the gal that we had just bought 20 boxes of flooring and it goes on sale Monday. He asked if we should return it and come back and re-purchase on Monday, or if it would be too much work to re-stock it. She said that we can take the flooring today, bring in the receipt on Monday with the coupon, and they'll credit us the difference. She said they don't LIKE to do it that way because they end up losing money, but that it would probably be a wash with the time and effort it would take to re-stock.

I feel a little like a terrible person for playing along that I didn't already know it was going on sale... technically we didn't LIE, but we weren't completely honest either. It's nice to know for sure that we can install the floors this weekend and they'll still credit us the $160 (for sure) though! Are we terrible people? Would y'all have done the same thing or no?

3 comments:

  1. Don't even worry about it. I envision the scenario ending the same way even if you said something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I would have totally done that and wouldn't feel bad about it. I really don't see that being any different than when people purchase an item, without knowing it goes on sale (say a camera or something), and then go back within 30 days to get the difference back. Happens all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad. Costco has awesome customer service, they would have price adjusted it for you anyway (I think ours will do it within 30 days) with no hassle. You wouldn't even have to return and repurchase.

    I like the floor color, can't wait to see them in your house!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.