Monday, February 16, 2009

Kitty!

Well, we went to look at cats and kittens yesterday. We went a couple of different places and didn't really see any that we liked and that liked us. I was fairly tempted to get one of the ugliest cats I have ever seen in my LIFE from the humane society, but I didn't. Instead, we headed over to a pet store that we knew was having cats from a rescue mission in CA.

We liked a couple of the cats, but most of them didn't seem to have any interest in us. Except for this one little sweetie, who immediately started sucking on Justin's ear and licking his chin. I LOVE the little neurotic cats, so we decided to take her home!

She spent most of the afternoon under the couch yesterday, but has since started to venture out and climb all over J and I. And she's starting to talk all the time. She's about 7 months old, and was abandoned on the side of the road in a box. Her name was "HMS Pinafore", but I think that's about the dumbest name for a cat ever, so we've renamed her Bones. Personally, I was voting for Lucy, but Bones will do. And hey, she IS neurotic like the TV character.

Her claws are extremely long...I really should take her in to get them clipped today (she won't let me anywhere near them), but I think that might be a little traumatic for her. I DO need to call the place that we adopted her from because once we got her home, we noticed that she still has stitches from being spayed--something they didn't mention to us at all. I wonder if we need to have them taken out or if they'll dissolve themselves?

Anyway, it's nice to have some company...J is out of town all week for work (dropped him off at the airport at 5am). He's supposed to be coming back Friday, but I have a feeling he'll be there longer from the way the guys were talking. Ugh. I hate him being gone.

9 comments:

  1. Awh! Congrats on the new addition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I can't wait to see more pictures of the new guy! Bones! Cool!

    We have a new addition as well...Val, the cactus. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, how pretty! Congratulations.

    I like Lucy too, but I'm biased. ;) And I think stitches from spaying should dissolve on their own, I know Lucy's did.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that the stitches should probably just take care of themselves.

    She's absolutely gorgeous! Definitely a Bengal. You should check out the breed, they love water, are very vocal and EXTREMELY loyal.

    I like Lucy as well obviously, but Bones is quirky! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am very excited for you. We'll have to come visit. I miss my kitty. You're so lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! A new kitty! I can't wait to see more pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute kitty! I am sorry that he will be gone for the whole week- I would be really lonely. Glad you have some company.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute kitty!

    (I kinda like HMS Pinafore as the name, though... :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. She is such a pretty kitty.

    Yay for a new kitty to keep you company when the hubbies away.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.