Saturday, February 21, 2009

I am calm.


{Yesterday}
J: We'll be done working later this afternoon, but we'll probably spend the night since the hotel is already paid for. Plus, Simon and I want to go to the bar tonight and get drunk.
M: Okay, well just don't get arrested tonight. And please don't drink TOO much or you won't get up tomorrow morning to drive home. How long of a drive is it?
J: About six hours. I'll be home before noon, and make it in time for both birthday parties.
M: Babe, are you really planning to leave at 6am? You have a really hard time getting up after you've been out drinking.
J: Yes! We're leaving by 6am!
M: Okay. If you tell me you're gonna do that, you really have to do that.
J: I know, I will. I promise!

{This morning, 8am, J calls M}
M: Morning! Where are you guys at?
J: Ummm...the hotel. We'll leave in the next hour or so. We both overslept.

I should just KNOW by now that J can't do ANYTHING Saturday mornings, no matter how much he promises. But really, he should not make promises that he's not willing to keep.

2 comments:

  1. Argh. That is frustrating. I am sorry. I hope you guys are able to enjoy your time together today. = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a conversation i've had with my husband!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.