Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Crock Pot Love.


Yet again, a recipe that doesn't photograph well, but is SO yummy! On Monday, I made one of my favorite Crock Pot recipes to date--Chicken and Dumplings! Definitely yummy comfort food. I first came across this recipe on allrecipes.com, and then shortly thereafter saw it on Cooking with Court. I asked Court a quick question about the dumplings, and then put it in my "to make" file. It definitely got J's stamp of approval. I did make a tweak to the recipe to suit our tastes, so I'll post my own version here:

4 boneless skinless chicken pieces (breast or thigh), cut in small chunks
2 cans condensed cream of chicken soup
1/4 cup onion, finely diced
1/4 cup carrot, finely diced
1/4 cup celery, finely diced
1 bay leaf
1 chicken bouillon cube
2 cups water
1 (10 oz) packages refrigerated biscuits (I used Grand's Original)

Combine all ingredients, except biscuits, in crock pot.
Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or until chicken looks cooked through. 1 hour before serving, tear biscuit dough into 1-inch pieces. Add to crock pot; stirring gently so that the biscuits are covered in soup mixture, but remain on top. Cover and cook on HIGH for an additional 45 minutes to 1 hour or until biscuits are fluffed up and cooked through.

I LOVED this recipe. But then again, I LOVE fridge biscuits so I'm not surprised. It's so much easier than the stovetop version, and I love being able to toss stuff in and forget about it all day. Glorious.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.