Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The beat goes on...

I came SO close to taking a mental health day today. If I were still in school and not working, it would have been a no brainer. Here's the round-up from yesterday:

-Kev ended up having emergency surgery and they had to put multiple pins and rods all up his arm. He's VERY upset that the projected recovery time is 6+ months. Not only was he expected to go to state for snowboarding, but he's also been invited to go to Japan with the football team this summer, and they aren't sure that he'll be able to go.

-The car is in the shop. No idea what's wrong with it at this point, nor how much it will cost to fix it. In the meantime, I'm driving my sister's clunker around, and hoping that I don't break THAT car too, since J and I have a history of breaking cars that have been leant to us.

-J is pretty sure he won't be coming home on Friday, and I'm really upset about it. I can DO until Friday...but we have a lot on our plate this weekend, and I just NEED him when things go the way that they have been. I know that other people deal with being away from their husbands for much more extended periods of time, but I just can't handle it. I DON'T handle it well. I turn into an anxious, crying basketcase who eats ice cream and drinks wine like it's going out of style.

In other news, since I have no control over most of these things, I have begun obsessing about other things...like, I've decided that my cat may have fleas. I have no reason to suspect that she has fleas other than I saw her scratching her ear one time, but now I'm utterly paranoid and spend vast amounts of time googling "cats + flea treatment".

Also, I got a fortune cookie on Sunday that said, "Remember three months from today. Something exciting will happen." Justin is convinced this means a pregnancy. Even though we aren't trying. He's funny like that.

4 comments:

  1. being away from the husband pretty well- I think I would have died by now. It sucks. But ice cream is good . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Advantage on teh kittiez. You only have to apply it once a month and it's pretty much flea genocide. Not sure how old they have to be before you can use it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry my dear, but I really don't think there's anything wrong with coping through ice cream and wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So it is about three months from that day...has anything exciting happened?!!? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.