Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bread and Butter

That's right folks, I just ate another exciting meal of bread and butter. Yay. I called in sick from work this morning, which means I've had a 6 day weekend, which would have been fabulous had I actually been feeling well for most of it. I probably could have gone in today, but I knew that I needed to go into the doctor and have some tests done, and I wasn't sure when the doctor's office would be able to fit me in. Plus, after all the puking, a day of rest is probably good for me, even if it WILL make going back to work extremely difficult.

Let me preface what I'm about to say by saying that I am EXTREMELY thankful to have a job in this economy. Sadly, because of the economic difficulties that many families are facing, my job has been busier than ever. Most days, I really believe in what I do, and am proud to be doing it. BUT, a significant portion of me is feeling really restless about work, which seems to be a pretty common thing for me. I'm not sure whether it's the fact that I just haven't found a job that I LOVE doing, or whether I just get bored. I do know that the work environment certainly has something to do with it--employees threatening to sue each other is rarely ever a good and happy thing.

Really, I'd love to be able to just sit around all day, read, go shopping, take some pictures, knit, and cook home-made fantastic dinners every night. That would be lovely...and it's making it really difficult for me to tune-out my baby fever right now. Who AM I? How many women my age have baby fever?! They're out at the clubs partying all the time, and here I am talking about how maybe it would be nice to be a stay-at-home momma (and believe me, I KNOW that if I were a stay-at-home mom, I probably would be lucky to get dinner on the table, let alone knitting and reading!). But somewhere deep inside me worries that after a year or so, I might get tired of that too. Not to mention the fact that we really couldn't afford a baby right now with the house purchase. As my darling husband loves to remind me, people make it work every day, even when they didn't think that they could, and that if we wait until we're completely financially stable to have a baby, we never will.

Anyway, enough of my rambling for the day....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.