Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sleep.

Today at church, I got to put Logan to sleep. Renee told me that he hadn't slept much the night before, and he and I typically have a sleep understanding at church. We went outside, sang Teddy Bear Picnic and You are My Sunshine for awhile, but he was just fighting sleep like no other. Finally, I took him inside to the bathroom ('cause with the lights off it's really dark), and he plonked out within the first You are My Sunshine. He stayed asleep most of the rest of the service, and was just cuddly, and I loved every minute of it. At one point, Renee came over and asked if I wanted to keep holding him or if I wanted her to take him. I definitely wanted to keep holding him. I have baby fever like crazy right now, and there just isn't anything better in this world than having a sleeping kid snuggle up in your arms. It was absolutely the best part of my day.

Afterwords, Justin's parents and my parents stopped by the house. Later, Ryan, Renee, Karla, and James stopped by with the kids. It was great to be surrounded by family and friends--though it did make me realize how small the house is going to feel on Thanksgiving!

We got a $47 dollar check back from the title company after closing on the house, which was great. Money is definitely a little tight this month with all of the added expenses that accumulate when you're moving into a house. Plus, I am kind of a perfectionist when it comes to hosting things--I want everything to be PERFECT when people come over for Thanksgiving--fully furnished, decorated, with gorgeous place settings, etc. Even though people are making food to bring over, I want to make all kinds of appetizers, drinks, and desserts--I really feel compelled to go all out. Which is not exactly something that's within our budget right now.

It's amazing how empty our fridge looks right now. In the apartment with the smaller fridge, it was always jam packed. With the big fridge in the house, it feels like it's always empty. And consequently, I often feel like there isn't any food, even though there clearly is. Isn't it interesting how our minds work that way sometimes?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting La Buena Vida and taking the time to leave a comment--I love hearing from you!

Please know that you do not need to agree with me in order to leave a comment! All comments that are respectful and not anonymous will be published. Thanks again for visiting!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Archive

 

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.